• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Backcountry Ski Conditions Resources

Puck it

Spent some time over the weekend working on a favorite spot.

Making it so this...
attachment.php

Gives this....

You have been holding back telling s about this secret stash.

Cannonball

This sticky'ed thread had less than 60 posts in 4 years. I added a couple of posts to create some summer stoke. That generated a measly half-dozen new posts and apparently that means the thread "has gone into a tangent". This clearly isn't the right place to talk about the realities of NE backcountry skiing. That is perfectly fine. This stuff probably is best left off the internet anyway. Looking forward to skiing this stuff with some of you next winter. And if anyone wants to hike these spots this summer let me know. But no more talking.....

Puck it

This sticky'ed thread had less than 60 posts in 4 years. I added a couple of posts to create some summer stoke. That generated a measly half-dozen new posts and apparently that means the thread "has gone into a tangent". This clearly isn't the right place to talk about the realities of NE backcountry skiing. That is perfectly fine. This stuff probably is best left off the internet anyway. Looking forward to skiing this stuff with some of you next winter. And if anyone wants to hike these spots this summer let me know. But no more talking.....
Shhhhhhhhhh! My lips are sealed.

and I am bored.

dlague

I do not think this thread should be stickied in the first place!

wtcobb

Yup. My understanding from most resorts is any pass is mainly to get the user to sign the waiver form. This seems like the contractor method of giving a quote way too high for a job you don't want.

Jcb890

Here's something:

https://www.skimtwashington.com/

First Annual Mt Washington Backcountry Ski Festival. Clinics, apres, demos. Sounds like MWV Ice Fest for the BC ski crowd.

Seems pretty neat. I was hoping it was something people could just show up that day/weekedn and meet others and have a fun day of back-country activities, but it appears to be focused on courses and education... which is great too, just not something I'd have the time to do.