• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Base layer???

madriverjack

I need a new pair of long underwear bottoms. I wrap my knees so I'm looking for something that won't bunch up behind my knees. What do you use or recommend??

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
CW-X 3/4 length. Stabilyx, in particular. Good support, the compression actually helps with preventing aches and pains later (and prolonging my skiing), and no bunching up. It's a little pricey but there are deals online, even on SAC and Tramdock from time to time.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Nope. They actually lend a surprising amount of support for the knees. I notice it more in running with-versus-without the Stabilyx, but they do help.

powbmps

I was going to say the same thing. My kids make fun of me because I wear tights, but I love the CW-X stuff. If possible go with the 3/4. I've got the full length and don't like the "hem" down in the boot.

As a bonus, they seem to keep everything in place when you're in the bumps :razz:.

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
CW-X 3/4 length. Stabilyx, in particular. Good support, the compression actually helps with preventing aches and pains later (and prolonging my skiing), and no bunching up. It's a little pricey but there are deals online, even on SAC and Tramdock from time to time.
+1. Would like to buy a 2nd pair of these if anyone finds a good deal.