• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

1/11 - 12 Storm Discussion Thread

UVSHTSTRM

Can't really tell what location you are talking about, MRV?

Great base for the woods and pow cover for the trails.

This whole "blizzard" thing may be for naught, since nothing can blow around, at least down here in MA.

Conn. River Valley of NH and Vermont, which is known as the Upper Valley. And since my last post, we have gotten another 3.5 inches of snow in 1 hour.

deadheadskier

Staff member
since nothing can blow around, at least down here in MA.

took my delivery driver 2 hours to get from Woburn to Haverhill due to whiteout conditions........

sent him back to the warehouse and told him to go home for the day

Greg

Staff member
We have to have 15-18" and it's still dumping. Biggest snowfall here in many years. My brothers at Sundown are going to have an epic day.

I spent two hours on the first roud of snow blowing which including building a massive snow pile in my back yard. We've been working on it the last few storms. It's probably 12 feet high and 25 feet long and 15 feet wide so far. The goal is a sweet snow slide for the kids. Hopefully, I'll keep snow in my yard til April this year.

Visibility is about 300 feet right now. Gotta be coming down at 2+ an hour.

WJenness

Just waking up at SR...

Puking pretty good out there, no visible winds at the base... Don't know about up high. Can't tell accum yet, but it looks like fun!

Heading out. I'll check back in at lunch.

-w

frozencorn

'Bout 8 inches or so in Foxboro area. Surprisingly the commute to Boston this morning wasn't bad. About an hour. 95 is a mess, but the expressway is fine. Can't believe I'm psyched about afternoon turns at Blue Hills.

wa-loaf

Got at least a foot here. I dropped my kids off at the babysitters this morning and their driveway was knee deep.

My driveway about an hour ago:
165128_1656865155053_1639840993_1501937_1162421_n.jpg

mondeo

Gotta love Thursday Pico Pow days, roads should be fine by the time I drive up tonight. Hopefully the house parking lot will have been plowed. There was around 18" of medium density in my driveway that I broke my shovel in 20% of the way through, thankfully enough left to finish digging out.

gmcunni

i think we got close to 2 feet. a little blowing so hard to be sure. winding down now, sun is starting to burn through the clouds.

@ 7 AM -
166296_1616899455384_1023276530_31343540_7416967_n.jpg

wa-loaf

Lot's of people at work who are working from home are losing power this morning. Most of them are located near the coast where I guess the snow is pretty heavy and taking trees down.

Greg

Staff member
We have to have about 20" now. Still snowing, although lighter, but accumulating still. Reports from Sundown are knee deep. Wish I could have experienced that. This is a pretty legendary snowfall. I'll be there tonight at least.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
We have to have about 20" now. Still snowing, although lighter, but accumulating still. Reports from Sundown are knee deep. Wish I could have experienced that. This is a pretty legendary snowfall. I'll be there tonight at least.

I can hear it now at Sundown, "There's too much snow!" :spread:

Have a blast!