Bike Log

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 116 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Bike Log

Bike Log

I was thinking it might be a good idea to start a bike log that everyone in here could use to log their daily rides. I figure this way we can compare what other on here are doing and perhaps push each other a bit. I'll start:

Wednesday: appox 9.5 miles, avg speed 16 mph
    Thursday: approx 9.5 miles, avg speed 17 mph
    Saturday: approx 9.5 miles, avg speed 16.5 mph

The above three were all the same route, which for the most part is flat, some small climbs.

Sunday 31 miles, 16.5 mph. for the most part flat. Avg. speed was probably closer to 17 mph, but checked out a path in a park, about 4 miles. This slowed me down due to the fact that there were a lot of pedestians.

180 miles, 3 days average speed 12.5 mph.. VERY HILLY!

Quote Originally Posted by thaller1
    180 miles, 3 days average speed 12.5 mph.. VERY HILLY!
    Pretty impressive. Was this a special trip or just daily runs around the house? What location?

The Trek Across Maine - for the American Lung Association
    It's a grueling ride, but absolutely beautiful! It was well worth the sore butt and stiff legs..and now I know my body is capable of enduring immense pain!

Quote Originally Posted by thaller1
    The Trek Across Maine - for the American Lung Association
    It's a grueling ride, but absolutely beautiful! It was well worth the sore butt and stiff legs..and now I know my body is capable of enduring immense pain!
    Keep it up, you'd be suprised by what your body can handle. And congradulations on a good ride for a good cause!

Today, since I'm logging here, decided to increase my 9.5 miles to 14.06, that's all I can do before work. Some small hills and an avg. speed of 16.5.

Edit: Got to try my new bike shoes on this ride. Fit nice, work nice, but gotta say, this is the first time I ever purchased shoes with holes in the soles.
    Last edited by andyzee; Jun 20, 2006 at 8:09 AM.

I did 60 miles yesterday after work... unfortunately the last 15 were insanely painful. I should have checked the air quality maps before I left, but I had my old childhood asmtha coming back at me to the point where I could only breathe in about a quarter of my lung capacity without going into a coughing fit. That sucked. I'll be calling my Doc today I think.

Seems to be high levels of ozone that sets it off, and a fairly high exposure to it, such as breathing heavily for long periods of time... like one would on a bike ride.
    Making sanity obsolete since 1982...

Well that blows. Hope everything works out for you and you get it taken care of.

Yeah, I saved a copy of the air quality map of NOAA's website from yesterday. I'll put it up when I get home. The air quality really was terrible, we were up near 100-120 ppb of ozone yesterday when I went out, which is def. in the high range of things-

Current air quality map for comparison.
    Making sanity obsolete since 1982...

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by andyzee
    Today, since I'm logging here, decided to increase my 9.5 miles to 14.06, that's all I can do before work. Some small hills and an avg. speed of 16.5.

Edit: Got to try my new bike shoes on this ride. Fit nice, work nice, but gotta say, this is the first time I ever purchased shoes with holes in the soles.
    duder! ride TO work!! commute man!!! you'll get in a lot more miles. i commute 23 miles r/t 5 days a week, rain or shine. with fun rides i get in anywhere from 250 to 350 mpw. commute!!! save yer dough and yer world!!!

just do it!!!

Thread Information