• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Bike Log

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
Nice to be back on the road bike after riding the hybrid all last week. 16.4 miles @ 17.3mph this morning. Also, it sucks seeing the days get shorter and the bike season winding down, for me any way. But then again, ski season getting closer :daffy:

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
Not sure what it is, the return from vacation, the realization that the season is ending, the shorter days, but got up very lazy this morning. Only got in 6.6 miles @ 17.4 mph :( . On the bright side, ski season is getting closer :daffy: :)

bruno

42 miles yesterday. dudes, it's so freakin' nice outside now! i may go home sick today!!! hardeeharhar!!!!!!!:spread: :daffy: :smile: :flag: :snow: :-D :lol:

on another forum, someone suggested goin' for a thousand mile month so i checked my (obsessive) records and found that i went 965.7 in june and 945.2 in july. if i'd known i would have put in the few miles left to make an even thousand. don't think it'll happen this month though, cause my lady and i are goin' to da mountains fer some serious hikin'!!!:beer:

David Metsky

Website
www.hikethewhites.com
This weekend was 40 on Sat, 55 on Sun including a pass through the neighborhood I grew up in out in Acton. Exercise and nostalgia on a lovely Sunday. But I broke a spoke on that ride so the front wheel is waiting for me to pick up after a rebuild.

Gotta get back into the mountains for some hiking this weekend though.

-dave-

bruno

David Metsky said:
This weekend was 40 on Sat, 55 on Sun including a pass through the neighborhood I grew up in out in Acton. Exercise and nostalgia on a lovely Sunday. But I broke a spoke on that ride so the front wheel is waiting for me to pick up after a rebuild.

Gotta get back into the mountains for some hiking this weekend though.

-dave-

hey dave! what're ya ridin'? didn't know you were a cyclist!! puttin' in da miles, man, puttin' in da miles!!!:beer: :beer: :spread: :flag: :-D

David Metsky

Website
www.hikethewhites.com
I've got a Lemond Alpe D'Heuz from many years ago. I put in about 1000 miles a summer, but this year I'm riding to work most days (on my commuter bike) and I'll try to keep it going until the snow flies, maybe longer if I enjoy cold weather riding.

I'll try another century sometime this fall.

-dave-

bruno

David Metsky said:
I've got a Lemond Alpe D'Heuz from many years ago. I put in about 1000 miles a summer, but this year I'm riding to work most days (on my commuter bike) and I'll try to keep it going until the snow flies, maybe longer if I enjoy cold weather riding.

I'll try another century sometime this fall.

-dave-

bike commutin' is da JAM!! way to go duder! keepin' them carbon thingys outta da air!!:beer:

anyway, only rode 26 miles yesterday. commute + beer run.:beer: :snow: :spread: :sad: :) :smile: :daffy:

jplynch019

Commuting forces you to ride daily, keeps you in shape for the long rides. :cool:

cbcbd

18.5mi @18mph road ride - 2 minutes in it started raining... then it got stronger and stronger. It was pouring!! Man, it was something. But then the sun came out and it was all good.

??mi @ ??mph mtb - I really wanted to get in a trail ride, but I just started way too late to really have much time. Slid on some wet rocks and then tried to rush back before it got too dark.

Tonight was lube night at the house ;)

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
While in Cape Cod, me, my wife and another couple went for a ride on a trail, we got about 8.5 miles out when it started raining. We turned around and it started pouring all the way back. We got back soaked, but had a blast! :)

bruno

andyzee said:
While in Cape Cod, me, my wife and another couple went for a ride on a trail:)

andy! duder! yer takin' yer life in yer hands ridin' on bike trails. dude! i'll take a busy street any day over a bike trail. too many folks who don't know how to ride fer me!!! yer brave fo' sho'!:wink: :-o :spin:

46.3 miles yesterday. commute +.8) :roll: :beer: :spread: :p :flag:

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
bruno said:
andy! duder! yer takin' yer life in yer hands ridin' on bike trails. dude! i'll take a busy street any day over a bike trail. too many folks who don't know how to ride fer me!!! yer brave fo' sho'!:wink: :-o :spin:

I always prefer the street as well, but wife and friends feel safer on trail. This particular trail was right behind our campground, 22 miles long and actually pretty pleasent. Not much traffic and the people that were on there, weren't stupid.

bruno

andyzee said:
I always prefer the street as well, but wife and friends feel safer on trail. This particular trail was right behind our campground, 22 miles long and actually pretty pleasent. Not much traffic and the people that were on there, weren't stupid.

cool man! glad ya had fun!!! i think i've rolerbladed that trail.8) :-D :spin: :beer: :daffy: :flag: :snow: :)

SKIQUATTRO

25 in yesterday, been averaging 15-20/day at lunch.....some good hill repeats...gearing up for the Tappen Zee Bridge to Hunter Mtn ride in Sept......

hammer

andyzee said:
Was that the Cape Cod Rail Trail? I'd like to take a day trip there but I don't relish the idea of getting to Cape Cod on a weekend in the summer...maybe some time in the fall will work.

I feel much better if my kids stay on a trail...in my limited experience, you have to be on your toes to ride safely on streets in New England.