• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Nateva 2011

ChileMass

Hope I am not reproducing an already-existing thread.

Anyone got any rumors on who will be playing at this year's festival? I am pissed I passed up the opportunity to go last year. I'd love to see some of those bands come back again (Moe, ZPZ, Lips, Dead) but probably too much to hope they'd do it twice in a row.

The website just says check back later for more info - anyone know roughly when the promoters will make the announcement? Any info appreciated. Thanks.

roark

I am pissed I passed up the opportunity to go last year. I'd love to see some of those bands come back again (Moe, ZPZ, Lips, Dead) .
likewise. last year info was late and kept trickling as it got closer to show time...

Vortex

I caught the Sunday July 4th show to see Furthur last year. I may do a day trip this year. Phil has tried to skip shows in August after the Dead stopped touring. I would be surprised it they played this festival. I had a great timelast year. Plenty of space to hang.

Like Roak this wil lbe a wait and see for me. Gathering of the Vibes tickets are already purchased.

dmc

Phish rumored to play that weekend. You know where I'll be. Being a Phishhead and all. :)

deadheadskier

Staff member
I've heard July 1st - 3rd Watkins Glen Phish

Nateva sounded like a great time. Vibes always is as well. That said, I'll probably skip out. I prefer the more low key smaller fests these days. Wormtown is where it's at for me.

dmc

I've heard July 1st - 3rd Watkins Glen Phish

Nateva sounded like a great time. Vibes always is as well. That said, I'll probably skip out. I prefer the more low key smaller fests these days. Wormtown is where it's at for me.

Isn't that the same time as Nateva?

You know me. I like the craziness of a big festival. And Phish shows in particular. :). I could also settle into a smaller festival like Catskill Chill

Psyched!!!!!!

deadheadskier

Staff member
Isn't that the same time as Nateva?

You know me. I like the craziness of a big festival. And Phish shows in particular. :). I could also settle into a smaller festival like Catskill Chill

Psyched!!!!!!

I like the craziness to, I just don't care for the hassles.

I like to be able to walk onto the concert field with my own beer in hand, not have to deal with multiple check points, over zealous security, long ass lines to get in and get parked.

Camp Kewanee is pretty much it for me these days. I've booked a hotel locally for the Saturday night of Vibes in case I care to catch that day.

I would be tempted by a Phish fest for sure though, but not at Watkins Glen. My time off is too valuable to me to spend 7 hours in a car each way for a weekend of music. Funny, I used to do that for one show without thinking about it.

ChileMass

Guys - thanks for the posts. Again - has anyone heard any juicy rumors about who might be playing this August?

I'm definitely still kicking myself for not going last year. I read the organizers were bummed out because only 10,000 people showed up last year, which would have been a nice-sized crowd. Not too big, not too small. And with that lineup, I still can't believe I didn't go.