• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Wider All Mtn. Ski for Northeast

gmcunni

Base 1* Side 2.5*

thanks. you've probably told me that before but i forgot. i *LOVED* my nordicas when i first go them. but since having them tuned i've never gotten the edge hold back to the way it was from the factory.

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
thanks. you've probably told me that before but i forgot. i *LOVED* my nordicas when i first go them. but since having them tuned i've never gotten the edge hold back to the way it was from the factory.
1* base 2* side is factory default

Glenn

I'm having the same issue now on my Hot Rods. They just don't bite on the hardpack like they used to. Maybe I'll try the bevel next time I file.

gmcunni

Really? What year HR do you both have?

mine are 09s, tho i have ABs not JFs
IMG_33981.JPG

4aprice

IHow about adding the Volkl AC30 or AC40 to a list of possible demos? Not sure if those are too stiff vs your preference. They'll certainly do what you want them to do: rip groomers, side of the trail fun, and good performance in pow, packed pow, and natural non-bumped snow. What conditions are you demoing in is another factor to consider.

I just demo'd the AC 50's last Sunday. Nice ski and found it responsive and stable on both groomed and bumps. Would haved liked them a little longer (think I was on a 165). Found they rode very much like my current Atomic Metron 9's which is an all mountain ski from a couple of years ago that I just love.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
I just demo'd the AC 50's last Sunday. Nice ski and found it responsive and stable on both groomed and bumps. Would haved liked them a little longer (think I was on a 165). Found they rode very much like my current Atomic Metron 9's which is an all mountain ski from a couple of years ago that I just love.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

I demo'd the AC50 last year. Nice ride, not as stiff as the Jet Fuel. Didn't seem as stable at speed either, but if I recall, I was also skiing it pretty short (< 169).