• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Looking for womans ski bib?

adamh

Im trying to find a cheap bib for my girlfriend without breaking the bank. She's not a regular skier and I imagine I won't be getting her out more than a couple times a year, so I don't need anything hardcore. Any suggestions on where to look? Im honestly hoping $50 or so.

gmcunni

i'd think at this time of year you'd do well at the sporting good chain stores like Olympia, Sports Authority or Dicks Sporting goods.

Black Phantom

Im trying to find a cheap bib for my girlfriend without breaking the bank. She's not a regular skier and I imagine I won't be getting her out more than a couple times a year, so I don't need anything hardcore. Any suggestions on where to look? Im honestly hoping $50 or so.

Why not try Goodwill or Salvation Army?

gmcunni

Why not try Goodwill or Salvation Army?

i've popped into the Goodwill store in our town from time to time. The selection of ski wear was pretty thin and what they had was in worse shape than what i was replacing.

a friend told me all the kids love to work there because they get first dibs on any good clothing that comes thru the donation door before it is put out for sale.

Black Phantom

i've popped into the Goodwill store in our town from time to time. The selection of ski wear was pretty thin and what they had was in worse shape than what i was replacing.

a friend told me all the kids love to work there because they get first dibs on any good clothing that comes thru the donation door before it is put out for sale.

Hitting them up in wealthy areas can be interesting. Especially in FL.

Plain, black,cheap bibs shouldn't be more than $50 even in a ski shop.

I think I even have a pair in the basement.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com

Yeah, it's a rare occasion when there's something decent. Not to say it doesn't happen, but not often. If the OP is looking for something now, he's better off with the suggestions of places like Dick's, Sports Authority, and Olympia. Later in the season, he could get lucky elsewhere but right now, the prices haven't really dropped yet at REI, EMS, and the smaller local ski shops. There is a very slight chance of finding something on sac.com but again, that's for when you have time to wait around and see what comes up. There are no guarantees there.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Hitting them up in wealthy areas can be interesting. Especially in FL.

Plain, black,cheap bibs shouldn't be more than $50 even in a ski shop.

I think I even have a pair in the basement.

:lol: Depends on the ski shop, I guess. Most of I've been to--no. They don't have 'em that cheap. At least, not unless it's an end of season clearance.

gmcunni

sports authority web site has 3 or 4 pairs of bibs for $50ish.. lots of ski pants in same price range too but you specified bibs so i'm guess that is the preference.

if you change your mind about pants vs bibs I KNOW you can get those at Olympia. even before the holidays they have columbia pants for $60ish. not the best pants in the world but you said you wanted cheap.

adamh

Yeah, I checked a local Olympia. Had a handful of decent pants but she is dead set on the bib. Only had 2 and both were Mens Size 2XL.

Ill have to check the Salvation Army then if not the local Dicks and Sports Authority. REI and EMS have nothing for less than $125-150, which is way too much. If I were smart, I woulda hit the beginning of year TJ Max sale, where I got my own pants.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
2 online potential sources: Sierra Trading Company and Buy.com. I just did a search for "womens ski bib" and both came up with reasonably priced bibs.

Mildcat

My girlfriend bought ski pants at Sports Authority last week and they were 40% off. She ended up paying about $24 for pants without the bib. Bib pants weren't that much more though.

Just remember you get what you pay for. Two days on the bunny slopes and quite a few falls and the pants already have a tear on the front of one of the legs.