Want Some Friends to Hike With? The AZ Hitch-Hiker Guide! - Page 5

AlpineZone

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    When: Thursday January 18th 2007 around 7:00-8:00 AM

The Plan: N and S Hancock via Cedar Brk Tr, Hancock Notch Tr, Hancock Loop Tr.

I hope to be there closer to 7:00, so if anyone is interested in joining, please contact me so I know to wait.

Hope to here from you soon

I would have to say, all over the NorthEast PA region.

The Appalachian Trails,
    State Parks: Hickory Run, Ricketts Glen, Delaware State Forest.
    Privately owned places: Bushkill Falls, the Caverns.
    Falls: Glen Onoko, Del Water Gap
    Snow, Ice, Wind, Heat, and Humidity; Experience the world.
    Ski what you can, hike and climb what you can't. Use the rubbers(cycle) for distance.

I try to hike local sections of the Appalachian trail every weekend during the summer..

Quote Originally Posted by MtnMagic View Post
    Saturday, August 5 is the level and easy Pondicherry Wildlife Refuge.
    Sunday, August 6 is a big hike to Mount Isolation.
    All are welcome to join us. As always, kindly let me know you'll be joining the group.
    We might have to join up with you on the Isolation trip, was going to do this one at the end of last season, but didn't make it. We'll let you know.
    \"J\"

Those trip postings are from 2006.
    Skiing combines outdoor fun with knocking down trees with your face. - Dave Barry
    Waterville 11/30; Loon 12/7; Cannon 12/13, 1/17, 2/23; Sugarloaf 12/20, 21-22; Bretton Woods 1/3; Jay Peak 1/24-25; Heavenly 2/9; Squaw Valley 2/10-2/11; Wachusett 3/3; Sunday River 3/7-8

Hi there,

I am a new member of this forum. I am 49 and enjoy outdoors. I have recently moved to Boston from Idaho, where I spent some time hiking and scrambling Idaho's mountains. I would be interested to continue similar activities in New England. I am looking for a possibility to join people, who are involved into hiking New Hampshire's 4,000-Footers (or other mountains), as a hiking partner.

Thanks a lot.

Oleg

Welcome, Oleg! The season's just getting going, a late start this year due to the heavy snowfall. Many trails, especially north-facing over 3500', still have deep snow in spots and a difficult "monorail" to follow where snowshoers packed it down over winter, but hopefully as the sunny days go by more folk will be getting out and posting trips to share.
    Skiing combines outdoor fun with knocking down trees with your face. - Dave Barry
    Waterville 11/30; Loon 12/7; Cannon 12/13, 1/17, 2/23; Sugarloaf 12/20, 21-22; Bretton Woods 1/3; Jay Peak 1/24-25; Heavenly 2/9; Squaw Valley 2/10-2/11; Wachusett 3/3; Sunday River 3/7-8

Thank you, Michael!

Would that be too early than to hike Franconia Ridge this coming weekend? Could you suggest any other good strenious hikes in place of this one?

Thank you,
    Oleg

Well, the latest info I have puts the Wilderness and Bondcliff Trails at excellent condition through the Bonds, but then 4-5 feet of snow remains over by the Twins.

Are the Twins connected to the Bondcliff Trails? Would that be the same loop? Sorry, I am not yet familiar with the trails, names, and areas. Just started to learn... Checked the Bondcliff Trail. It looks very good and if it is in a good condition, it could be something for me to start with here in New England.

Oleg

Thread Information