• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

2/1 - 2/2 Storm Discussion Thread

ERJ-145CA

It's actually a blizzard where I am right now, it's dumping snow. Unfortunately where I am is Rogers Arkansas. It's flat and there's no skiing nearby, so the snow seems wasted. It does look nice though. Now it doesn't look like I'm getting home until Thursday so I'm looking forward to skiing Thursday night.

SKIQUATTRO

temps have dropped 5 degrees in the past hour here on long island (north shore/nassau) now 26

no snow, freezing rain and sleet...sidewalks are very slippery/icy

WJenness

The "Work From Home" option has been dangled in front of me for tomorrow...

"Home" may just turn out to be a ski lodge somewhere...

-w

bvibert

Staff member
The "Work From Home" option has been dangled in front of me for tomorrow...

"Home" may just turn out to be a ski lodge somewhere...

-w

Do it!! If the sleet doesn't move in Magic is gonna be sweet tomorrow... :spread:

WJenness

watching a truck trying to get up the little hill behind the office... he's on attempt number three.... aaand.... fail...

He's now walking up the hill.

-w

mlctvt

Nothing at all happening on the CT coast. Got about 1/2 inch of snow this morning followed by some freezing rain then nothing all afternoon.

NOAAs updated forecast this afternoon shows NO accumulations for tonight and tomorrow now. What happened?
I guess it'll must be all rain now which is actually better than freezing rain.

WinnChill

Nothing at all happening on the CT coast. Got about 1/2 inch of snow this morning followed by some freezing rain then nothing all afternoon.

NOAAs updated forecast this afternoon shows NO accumulations for tonight and tomorrow now. What happened?

Just a slight shift north of the mixing area--the smallest shift is all it takes. The NWS disc explains it all.

wa-loaf

7-8 eight is my unscientific estimate of my driveway. Got some sleet type snow coming down still, but seems to be the end of round one.

MogulQueen

So weird you didn't get much snow. I live right next to Sundown and we got about 7 inches of snow today! Not sure what is predicted for tonight, but I'm hoping for even more snow.

planb420

:snow:Round 2 anyone, I SAY BRING IT ON, just more snow than rain please...:spread::p:snow:

Last edited:

MommaBear

So weird you didn't get much snow. I live right next to Sundown and we got about 7 inches of snow today! Not sure what is predicted for tonight, but I'm hoping for even more snow.

About 4" in Hebron - seems like it definitely increases as you head inland.