• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

2 second tent

KevinB

I have seen this thing in 3 different mags and once on the news for a split second. Anyone own one of these? Looks cool. I saw it featured in F&S and one of the men magazines either men's journal,health etc
http://www.decathlontent.com/?gclid=CIi2o_755IUCFUwWFQodbW1PPw

price aint bad, probably cool to have in the back trunk for quick car camping, I just wonder if it's big enough for an air mattress.

thetrailboss

Staff member
I have seen this tent before in the field...a friend had one about ten years ago. Same idea...opened it up and threw it out. The downsides are that it is not at all designed for backpacking or anything but car camping because it comes in a large, flat, circular package. IIRC it was a basic no frills tent. Not sure if it had waterproof bottom or not, but most likely it has been since upgraded. I have not been in the tent market for about ten years and things have changed quite a bit.

Also, Decathalon is a Wal-Mart of sport shops and their stuff is not too high quality. I've noticed that nowhere is there any info or credits attributed to Backpacker, which is the industry mag.

If you are on a budget, Walrus is a great tent company (if they still exist....) I have a Walrus Warp 2 and have enjoyed it a lot. It was $225 when it was new...four season tent, taped seams, vestibule, double entrance, double windows, mesh gear loft, etc. Lots of bells and whistles for a knock down price. It was the best tent in the 1997 Backpacker Gear Review.

warp2_tent.gif

Some more technical info.

SkiDog

KevinB said:
I have seen this thing in 3 different mags and once on the news for a split second. Anyone own one of these? Looks cool. I saw it featured in F&S and one of the men magazines either men's journal,health etc
http://www.decathlontent.com/?gclid=CIi2o_755IUCFUwWFQodbW1PPw

price aint bad, probably cool to have in the back trunk for quick car camping, I just wonder if it's big enough for an air mattress.

Had one...was alright...totally for CAR CAMPING only...or beach use...was kinda a pain to pack it back up.. twist this loop over that loop fold hands over...GRRRRRR whatever....felt like burning it....

M

Zunnie4

2 Second Tent

I've seen this tent before as well. I almost purchased one. But further discovered that would only fit a single or double air mattress. I often prefer a full or queen mattress.
Look like a good idea, but I'm still not sold. I like the Eureka Pinnacle 2XTA.

0838-2628101-3.jpg

You can find this tent for between $110 - $135.

Last edited: