• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Feb 8th/9th Storm

Glenn

Excellent. So our long V-day weekend is already shaping up to be good. :lol:

wa-loaf

This one seems to have dropped off the map. Now talking about Thursday.

drjeff

This one seems to have dropped off the map. Now talking about Thursday.

Ands that's the great thing right now. There's so much potential out there, that if in the as of late unlikely event that one misses, there's another one just a day or two behind it! :snow:

wa-loaf

Ands that's the great thing right now. There's so much potential out there, that if in the as of late unlikely event that one misses, there's another one just a day or two behind it! :snow:

I'm actually very happy about this since I have a flight at 7am on the 8th.

from_the_NEK

Website
fineartamerica.com
So it really the 7/8th storm. Not huge but I'll take it :)

StormTotalSnowFcst.png

psyflyer

So it really the 7/8th storm. Not huge but I'll take it :)

StormTotalSnowFcst.png

Today Burke was very good. Tons of pow stashes left in the glades. Snow got more compact/heavy but it was fun. I was surprised how much snow there was left over in the glades. The left side of Birches had untouched powder for a good portion of the run. It felt like there were no more than a dozen people on the whole mountain which made it extra sweet. Hopeing for a killer tomorrow. :snow:

Glenn

Looks like this will help VT after last Saturday night's "event".

drjeff

My wife sent me a text this morning that she shoveled out about 3" of medium density snow from the front walk of our place at Mount Snow about 7:30 and it was still snowing :) :snow:

bigbog

Snow got up here about ~2am and temps must be at or slightly above freezing in Bangor @10:37.
Will head over to SL tomorrow($39 State Residents Day), temps over there look good(Highs in teens/20s)....will get some pics.
Flurries are supposed to continue over there.....no doubt will up on the mountain.

drjeff

My wife just sent me a text from her mid morning break at Mount Snow - about 6" uptop, still snowling lightly. Snow is moderate density :snow:

Glenn

Excellent news Jeff. Thanks for sharing.

Last edited:

Euler

Only a couple inches in the Putney-Dummerston Metro Area. I like that - a nice refresh for the mountain and not too much shoveling at the house.