• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Digging out fire hydrants

SKIQUATTRO

i attempted, but its on the corner and buried under a 6' pile of hardpacked snow...i called my buddy (Chief of the Deparment) said "thanks for the effort, we know its an issue" they'd like em cleared if you can, but dont want anyone dieing trying...

SkiDork

I can't remember where the one closest to me is. I'll have to take note when the snow melts.

drjeff

Don't forget about storm drains to if you have one near your house! Sooner or later all this white is going to become wet stuff, and its much better if it goes down a storm drain then possibly into your basement!

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Don't forget about storm drains to if you have one near your house! Sooner or later all this white is going to become wet stuff, and its much better if it goes down a storm drain then possibly into your basement!

There is no way I'm gonna do it now. our road is snow narrow that every time the plow passes by it buries it. I'll do it once the plowing is over and the temps begin to warm.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Seeing how everyone in our complex of small apartments feels the need to have two dogs, I'm sure the area fire hydrants will be pissed free of snow by morning :rolleyes: