• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

'Grave Robber' Sentenced

Grassi21

If anyone has been to a head shop (they sell smoking paraphernalia), sometimes you can stumble upon a piece that has a fake human skull as a base. Why this guy needed a real version escapes me?

So many disturbed or evil people don't respect life, why should they handle the deceased any differently? Here is another question, is what this guy did any different than an archaeological dig? I'm a fan of The Discovery Channel, History etc and love learning about such topics. But aren't archaeologists and anthropologists also desecrating some one's final resting place?

PS - What this guy did was sick. I am in no way condoning it. I'm curious to see what people think.

JimG.

Staff member
Yet alot of people still can't help but ask me about all the crazy people in NY.

NY obviously doesn't have a monopoly there.

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
Grassi21 said:
If anyone has been to a head shop (they sell smoking paraphernalia), sometimes you can stumble upon a piece that has a fake human skull as a base. Why this guy needed a real version escapes me?

So many disturbed or evil people don't respect life, why should they handle the deceased any differently? Here is another question, is what this guy did any different than an archaeological dig? I'm a fan of The Discovery Channel, History etc and love learning about such topics. But aren't archaeologists and anthropologists also desecrating some one's final resting place?

PS - What this guy did was sick. I am in no way condoning it. I'm curious to see what people think.

I'm more amused that a guy with the handle Grassi knows all about head shops. Stop breaking all the stereotypes!

:dunce:

Grassi21

Marc said:
I'm more amused that a guy with the handle Grassi knows all about head shops. Stop breaking all the stereotypes!

:dunce:

I plead the 5th. But my last name really is Grassi.

thetrailboss

Staff member
skibum1321 said:
It's been a while since we've had a weird story from the Northeast Kingdom

I know, I know. And guess who else here is from the NEK?

shining.jpg

"Heeeeerrrre's TRAILBOSS!"

JUST kidding......

:lol:

Or am I? :wink:

:lol:

nelsapbm

First of all, this happened in Morrisville, which is not in the NEK. It's just north of Stowe. The only reason it made the CalWreck is that the trial was in good 'ol StJ. Just got to put those facts out there so you don't think us Kingdom folk are all nuts!!! (like Trialboss I grew up over there). LOL ;)

thetrailboss

Staff member
nelsapbm said:
First of all, this happened in Morrisville, which is not in the NEK. It's just north of Stowe. The only reason it made the CalWreck is that the trial was in good 'ol StJ. Just got to put those facts out there so you don't think us Kingdom folk are all nuts!!! (like Trialboss I grew up over there). LOL ;)

I noticed that as well......

skibum1321

I actually didn't see the Morrissville part.

It doesn't change the fact that you NEK folks are nutjobs ;)

noski

skibum1321 said:
I actually didn't see the Morrissville part.

It doesn't change the fact that you NEK folks are nutjobs ;)

Careful....there might be more of us than there are of you.....right Riverc0il?