• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

so what the weather doing now

psyflyer

I like how the mountains are calling this a powder day in all of their reports. I may stretch a bit in my personal definition of a powder day (6" minimum with a decent amount of untracked powdery snow) but I wouldn't call what the mountains got last night powder. Its new snow. All new snow is not powder. Wish I could be out there playing in it today regardless, but it is going to be tough conditions to turn at many mountains no matter how much new they got.

Burke had an awesome powder day today. With close to a foot of heavy snow it was an awesome all day powder day. We hit all the major glades and it was insane, tons of snow. Powder stashes everywhere and enjoyed fresh tracks all day long. We are shot but had a blast. :spread:

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
What dead said applies to sugarbush today. The whole of Lincoln peak skied wonderfully. 10" and it felt that way. No powderpuffs but incredibly edgeable and forgiving. No mank nothing wet. Top to bottom great. Thanks to WWF for showing me around.

jrmagic

SoVT didnt fare nearly as well. Magic got some of everything weather wise and then setup pretty firm making it mostly a groomer day though the low angle woods were surprisingly skiable.