• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

trip report Mt snow Jan 31, 2004

MrMagic

Dates skied: Jan 31,2003
Ski area: mt snow
Conditions: windblown, packed powder
Trip report:
left Rindge Nh around 6:45 Am got on the slopes around 8:45 strated on maine face, but the wind was wipping all the snow around. some trails were compleate ice, other had no snow in the middle, but a ton of snow on the sides. I knew it was going to be crowded, but my fiends wanted to go there, Oh well. after a few runs on the main face we headed over to north face. hit ripcoard twice. the covarge on the face was much better. skied the trails( glades) a bunch still plenty of un tracked in the woods. Spent most of the day over there but, we did go over to sunbrook- not any memorable runs to talk about, and we did go to carinthia hoepin to beat the crowds, but no luck. toards the end of the day the wind has really picked up 25 mph. called it quits around 3:45. i sure hope they get some more snow, elese come spring there will be no spring skiing.