• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

ASC, the Member

Do you think Greg should reset ASC's rank to "Resident Troll"?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Greg

Staff member
Let's have a little fun here. Who thinks I should reset ASC's rank to "Resident Troll"? :lol: 3 day poll.

ChileMass

F--k him. You hit the nail on the head in the other thread - ASC is the only confrontational person on this board. Don't give him the status. Tell him to buzz off.....

Greg

Staff member
ChileMass said:
Don't give him the status. Tell him to buzz off.....
Well, first of all, I will not ban him or anything. This is a free country and he has the right to act the way he wants regardless of whether he pisses everyone off or not. I just thought that ranking him a troll might help "warn" the newbies. He hasn't really personally attacked anyone (that I know of) but his latest stint is questionable.

And as far as the status thing goes, you're probably right. After posting this thread/poll, it occurred to me that this is the exact thing he's after. Attention. He thrives on it and it's his only means of an identity. Sad, really.

Greg

Staff member
You have to admit. It would kind of be funny to force a troll avatar on him.

Greg

Staff member
In retrospect, this thread and poll was made in poor taste. I'm going to lock it and let it silently drift off into obscurity. I'm doing this for a number of reasons:
  • Like it or not, it's not fair to ASC. He's entitled to his opinions, but I hope he will start to express them in a non-confrontational way. I have PM'd him asking him to do so.
  • I was wrong in starting this thread and it's not an appropriate way for a board admin to act. I apologize.
  • Providing this sort of "recognition" will only encourage him to continue his behavior.
Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.