• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

VFTT Website Down??

ChileMass

Anyone -

Is VFTT down today, or is it my PC......? Anyone else having trouble accessing their website?

MichaelJ

Website
www.saletnik.org
Just another sneaky move by Greg to drive more traffic here.
:D

Actually, the domain expired. It has since been renewed and should be back up in a day or so as the records propogate to the nameservers.

Greg

Staff member
MichaelJ said:
Just another sneaky move by Greg to drive more traffic here.
:D

Actually, the domain expired. It has since been renewed and should be back up in a day or so as the records propogate to the nameservers.
If I was really sneaky I would have registered viewsfromthetop.com after it expired and pointed it here. ;) Seriously though...Darren runs a great site. I know there was some talk about him registering vftt.com which was available around that time, but it's now registered...

Greg

Staff member
Greg said:
I know there was some talk about him registering vftt.com which was available around that time, but it's now registered...
Turns out that vftt.com was registered by someone else:

http://www.vftt.com/

Darren should have jumped on that when I told him it was available... :-?

Stephen

Website
www.dunhom.com
Hey, it can happen to anybody!

http://www.usnews.com/usnews/politics/whispers/whisphome.htm

Oops at Post shuts down E-mail
The Washington Post E-mail system went dark Thursday after the company let its domain name expire, a shocking mistake for the company that considers its Internet operation the best in the biz. In a memo to staffers, Managing Editor Steven Coll revealed that Network Solutions, which manages Internet addresses, "apparently notified the Post of the pending expiration via a drop-box that was not being monitored."

Spokesman Eric Grant said once the company figured out the glitch, a call was made to Network Solutions to renew the domain and the system was slowly put back on line. It’s expected to be fully operational by Friday.

Staffers said the crash–which came as deadline approached–sent the news desks into a tizzy. It was especially hard on Style, Metro, and National desks, which rely on E-mail reporting, and the photo department, which receives digital pictures from photographers via email.

Greg

Staff member
Wow. Somebody must be getting reamed there today! :lol:

Feel confident in knowing I have AlpineZone.com registered until 12/12/07...