• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Whole Foods parking

HD333

i was in Disney a few years ago... Went to go see one of the shows and some fat ass was on an electric cart thingy... Trying to get it "parked" up in the front.. She went forward and backwards to position... And ran over some poor guys foot in the process... Unbelievable.. The poor dude had to go get medical attention.. the Country Bear Jamboree started late..

I hate to be like this.. But I don't think 75% of the people on those carts need to be on those carts...

A few years back we got beeped at by some slob on a cart at Disney. Apparently we were not walking fast enough and she wanted to pass us.

That went over well.

SkiDork

Reminds me of the Seinfeld episode where the people on those wheelchair rider things were chasing George (who was also riding one)...

campgottagopee

Why should people riding a bus to a ski area / sporting event, etc have to walk further if that's where their designated parking is?

What if the bus parking is actually closer and someone in a Prius decides, hey, I'd like to park up close and parks in the bus spot.

I guess I just subscribe to it being a private business and they can run it how they choose. If I don't like the rules, no one is forcing me to do business there.

On most bus trips you get dropped off right up front.

Pretty stupid for a little Prius to park in a bus spot, no??

Like I said earlier, really could care less.:)

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
OK, one last thing. If these businesses are really so concerned about the environment, maybe they should thing more about promoting bicycling. They could start by putting up bike racks and then by lobbying politicians and beginning drives to create more bike friendly roads (bike lanes). That I would stand behind, reserving parking spots in this manner is nothing more than an empty gesture trying to prove they care.

Geoff

In Massholia, Pious owners get to drive in the car pool lane and have reserved spots in the Logan Airport. Some eco-disaster SUV with a hybrid emblem that gets 18 mpg highway has the same status.

So... if I buy a 45+mpg VW TDI, I don't get to use the car pool lane or park in those uber-cool parking spots. My carbon footprint is less than that eco-disaster Hybrid SUV and I don't have toxic waste batteries powering my car. WTF!

Cannonball

OK, one last thing. If these businesses are really so concerned about the environment, maybe they should thing more about promoting bicycling. They could start by putting up bike racks and then by lobbying politicians and beginning drives to create more bike friendly roads (bike lanes). That I would stand behind, reserving parking spots in this manner is nothing more than an empty gesture trying to prove they care.

That's a really good point. If there had just been more bike racks available, the obnoxious skank in the original post would have just pedaled over on a tandem with her kid saving us this whole discussion. Instead she was forced to park her SUV in the empty gesture spaces instead of walking a few extra feet and wasting even a second considering fuel efficiency.. Who can blame her?

gmcunni

Who's with me?

/rant off

should have left a note -

2450.jpg

Terry

Private property owner can make the rules as they see fit - not that much different than the "Reserved for Employee of the Month" type signs IMHO.

Mom being lazy/arrogant, especially with kids of that age, and one would asume the ability to actually walk a few extra feet, just another fine example of a parent passing on a chance to teach respect for the rules to their kid. And if you don't teach that respect, and KEEP reinforcing it by example, well then what's the point in the first place/why honor any rule?(whether or not YOU agree with it or not)
+1 I agree totally. What kind of lesson is she passing on to the kids?

darent

+1 I agree totally. What kind of lesson is she passing on to the kids?

that she is"special" and she doesn't have to follow any rules and if you grow up like mom you can be "special" too. this resort community is full of special people every summer. they can't read,they forge their own handicapp stickers or borrow them and then they give the authorities the " do you know who I am" talk when they get nabbed for their bad or inconsiderate behavior

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
that she is"special" and she doesn't have to follow any rules and if you grow up like mom you can be "special" too. this resort community is full of special people every summer. they can't read,they forge their own handicapp stickers or borrow them and then they give the authorities the " do you know who I am" talk when they get nabbed for their bad or inconsiderate behavior

How many ways can you act "selfish"? The "me-first" "gimmie-gimme" generation.

darent

Who will go in with me on a deck of these things?

5991-alt-1.jpg

5991-alt-2.jpg

I especially like the "check this box if the car is a piece of crap"

they would try to have you arrested if you started to hand those out, that sense of entitlement doesn't come with a sense of humor

Geoff

Who will go in with me on a deck of these things?

5991-alt-1.jpg

5991-alt-2.jpg

I especially like the "check this box if the car is a piece of crap"

It would be better to have a stack of the big orange windshield stickers they use when they boot your car that are impossible to peel off.