• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

One Day Deal Sites

BeanoNYC

I have to admit that I'm addicted to one day deal sites such as Woot and Steepandcheap. I check them every morning religiously. Here's a thread to post your favorite one day deal site. The ones I know of are:

www.woot.com (The grandaddy of them all)
www.steepandcheap.com (good outdoor gear deals)
www.wine.woot.com (one week wine deals)
www.maczot.com (macintosh software deals)
www.yugster.com (quite similar to woot)
www.dailyzort.com (outdoor gear, mostly fishing though)
http://www.buy.com/retail/clearance/todays_deals.asp (buy.com's daily clearance deal)
www.schnoop.com (has yet to open but promises great things.)

I'm sure there's a PC software and hardware site out there as well.

Comments or additions to this list please.

BeanoNYC

As a bonus, I particular enjoy the witty writing on Woot's description. It worth logging in daily just to read it.

roark

http://www.rei.com/outlet

Upper right corner almost always has a daily deal.

Steep and cheap is a daily addiction... first thing every morning (which unfortunately is sometimes too late!)

Good thread, I hadn't seen a couple of these.

skibum1321

On the EMS site there is an Extreme Deal that is posted daily.

Seems like a lot of sites are learning from Woot and doing something similar.

BeanoNYC

The lights are spinning.

8/17/06

We have a woot off today. They sell something until it sells out then move directly on to the next item. You can use this Woot Off Tracker which refreshes every 10 seconds. Just keep the window open.

bvibert

Staff member
Steep and Cheap is doing their first Bottomless SAC Day today, which is basically a Woot-Off. It's hard to tell, but I think they're already on their fourth item.

Last edited:

SkiDog

too bad I dont know anyone close enough to buy a snowboard for...that seems like a good deal. From what little i know I think Arbor is a good company.. I like their natural wood boards that look like old big board surf boards...but man..thats more than 50% off...might have to let a few buddies know...

M

BeanoNYC

8/22 .... yet another bottomless sac day on Steep and Cheap. Maybe I'll wait on my daypack purchase from Sierra until this is over.

bvibert

Staff member
8/22 .... yet another bottomless sac day on Steep and Cheap. Maybe I'll wait on my daypack purchase from Sierra until this is over.

The word is that they're going to continue with the bottemless SAC format indefinitely. They've been running that way since last Friday...

BeanoNYC

The word is that they're going to continue with the bottemless SAC format indefinitely. They've been running that way since last Friday...

Hmm. I saw those Oaks sold out last night so I thought they stopped it. Maybe they take weekend breaks. Sounds like a good plan. I hope they have enough inventory to do a continuous bottomless SAC and still keep the prices down.

bvibert

Staff member
They had a pretty good deal on a jacket when I checked this morning, something like 82% off.

SkiDog

Nice Moonstone softshell right now...

They dont have XL so, with my bulky muscles, I cannot get one... :-(

oh well, since most lifting is "cake" for me...its hard not to get huge.. ;-)

M

BeanoNYC

Good call. I just got this email from SAC.

SteepAndCheap Just Dropped the Bottom Out -
Believe The Rumors.
In case you're one of the stragglers out there who hasn't noticed, SteepandCheap just got a lot more insane. Last Friday we launched Bottomless SAC. As soon as one sick deal sells out, you get another - no more waiting until midnight. The goodness doesn't stop until the server catches on fire, and believe us, it's been smoking since this thing started. We always try to improve SteepandCheap, so tell us what you think on the forum. Your feedback makes this site rule.
Sincerely,
Your friends at SteepAndCheap

roark

Now I'll never get any work done. Wonder if the web filtering at work takes into account # of visits to a site. Gotta lay off the F5 button...