No Friends On Powder Days

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

A powder day on the Easy Coast is a rarity. So what happens when East Coast hacks (myself included) head out West to shred some gnar gnar?? Well first and foremost it's everyone for themselves.

Long time ski buddy of mine explores the concept of No Friends On Powder days on my blog - http://wp.me/p16MXp-4Q

I guess it depends on where you are...

Out west it's good to be with a buddy on pow days.. even better with 3 in a group..
    Avalanche transceivers only work if there's 2 people..

But if I'm standing at the top of an untouched chute - damn straight I'm jumping in first...
    "Sometimes the rock n roll life is not all rainbows & fairy dust..." - Fake Jerry

Haha... well, basically the point is like - "listen man, don't screw up my powder day otherwise im defriending you"... I was in Bridger in January - 13" of the white stuff fell over night. I was with 3 of my buddies all day and it was great. But if one of them were to cry about their hangover I would have left them at the house-

Quote Originally Posted by Ski Till I Die View Post
    But if one of them were to cry about their hangover I would have left them at the house-
    Hell yeah...
    "Sometimes the rock n roll life is not all rainbows & fairy dust..." - Fake Jerry

Quote Originally Posted by Ski Till I Die View Post
    Hat. But if one of them were to cry about their hangover I would have left them at the house-
    You can always share lies at the bar afterwards
    Sent from my TACPOD (Tactical Airborne Command, Control, Communications and Intelligence Pod) using Satellite TADIL J Alternate Gateway Controller (Alternate STGC) via Blackjack

Quote Originally Posted by billski View Post
    You can always share lies at the bar afterwards
    Unless you have a POV....

That was nicely written, fun read.

For me I disagree...similar situation 1992 back side of Big Mountain, MT epic dump and my buddy lost a ski. We dug for an hour and never found it, he skied down on one (didn't even think to get a loaner from SP) and I set him up with my spare pair from the car and we got back after it. So moral of my story is always have spare skis, spare poles and spare boots in the car, especially on powder days! (and make sure you carry a spare car key too)
    he went so far off axis he was in fact on axis...the progression had become regression

I will be friendless over the weekend.=)
    "I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived." - H. D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by makimono View Post
    That was nicely written, fun read.

For me I disagree...similar situation 1992 back side of Big Mountain, MT epic dump and my buddy lost a ski. We dug for an hour and never found it, he skied down on one (didn't even think to get a loaner from SP) and I set him up with my spare pair from the car and we got back after it. So moral of my story is always have spare skis, spare poles and spare boots in the car, especially on powder days! (and make sure you carry a spare car key too)
    You don't want to leave home without these on a true powder day.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Phantom View Post
    You don't want to leave home without these on a true powder day.
    You can wear pink straps or just get a snowboard... We never lose our boards in deep snow..

Thread Information