No Friends On Powder Days - Page 3

AlpineZone

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My father lost a ski in deep powder a bunch of years ago, I think at Vail? Anyway, he one-skied it to the bottom, reported the loss to ski patrol and got rentals for the rest of the week. Last day of their trip, they get a call... seems the ski got found... by the grooming crew. Yup, his ski got run over by a groomer. So he got it back, but it was in about as bad shape as you'd think. He took it into the shop, figuring the worst they'd do is laugh at him, which they did, but they did manage to get him a replacement pair at factory cost.

Quote Originally Posted by dmc View Post
    I've seen skis fly down hill even with brakes... Why don't skiers wear straps?

If someone takes off their board it really doesn't matter weather you use a strap or the binding straps...
    Did I not say the same thing goes with skis? What gives?

Quote Originally Posted by Ski Till I Die View Post
    A powder day on the Easy Coast is a rarity.
    You gotta get out more often! Pow day number 11 of the season for me tomorrow and much more to come. I missed at least a half dozen on top of those.

-Steve
    TheSnowWay.com "Skiing is not a sport, it is a way of life." - Otto Schniebs

Quote Originally Posted by ski till i die View Post
    h"listen man, don't screw up my powder day otherwise im defriending you"...
    this!

Sent from my TACPOD (Tactical Airborne Command, Control, Communications and Intelligence Pod) using Satellite TADIL J Alternate Gateway Controller (Alternate STGC) via Blackjack

Thread Information