• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mar 5/6

snoseek

Slept last night half way to the loaf at a friends. The trek to pow marches on in a couple. Wish me and my little civic luck.

roark

I'll be there!
I just got up to stoke my stove and ended up getting myself so stoked on the 12-14 inches of snow that is already on my deck that I don't know if I'll be able to get back to sleep. It is still berserking out there too with no end in sight on the radar. Although we are living dargerously close to the mixing line.

heading out in 15... most likely your way, final call radar check near white river junction and again @ exit 23 :spread:

thetrailboss

Staff member
Well this was a whopper. Easily 20 inches in BTV and now blowing and drifting. Still snowing. Roads here at the condo complex are not plowed so it feels like The Shining. :lol:

thetrailboss

Staff member
Well, NWS isn't onboard with that, but with northern winds, the upslope potential could prove helpful!

WinChill forecasts higher for JP (18-26) than Bus (8-15):
http://snowforecast.com/SugarbushResort
http://snowforecast.com/JayPeak

StormTotalSnowFcst.png

day1_psnow_gt_12.gif

I'd look again there :wink: Lots of "20's" on that chart.

thetrailboss

Staff member
It is surprisingly lighter here than forecast. Watch this radar clip and you will see where the cut-off was...MRG, SB, Stowe are big winners here. Killington, Magic, not so much :(

SEB_NE_radar12hr_WEB.gif

Cannonball

Rained all day and all night in Lincoln. Still raining hard now (6:30am). Lost massive amounts of snow in the yard. Not good for Loon.

Heading north in few. Looking out the window it's hard to imagine that Cannon (only 10 miles away) saw the snow that was predicted. But that'll be the first stop. Then Burke. Then Jay I guess.....

Mtns are being slow to post their morning reports. That usually means one of two things 1) They haven't figured out how to break the bad news, or 2) They are having a hard time getting in because they are buried. Anyone have first hand reports from the 93/91 corridors?

psyflyer

About a foot and a half on Burke Mountain from what I can tell so far. Its puking hard right now and it looks like christmas once again. First chair here we come!

hammer

Rained all day and all night in Lincoln. Still raining hard now (6:30am). Lost massive amounts of snow in the yard. Not good for Loon.

Heading north in few. Looking out the window it's hard to imagine that Cannon (only 10 miles away) saw the snow that was predicted. But that'll be the first stop. Then Burke. Then Jay I guess.....

Mtns are being slow to post their morning reports. That usually means one of two things 1) They haven't figured out how to break the bad news, or 2) They are having a hard time getting in because they are buried. Anyone have first hand reports from the 93/91 corridors?
From Cannon's website:

The forecast was a tricky one today and they missed the mark. We did pick up *2" of wet snow/sleet overnight and there is the chance for 1-3" of snow today.
Guess this storm was good for NY/VT and bad for NH...:-(

psyflyer

I just measured outside my home and there is about 12-14 inches on the ground. My deck has more but I am guessing it has some wind blowed snow as its 18 inches deep.

:snow:

Actually upon further investigation it seemd like it rained all night here at Burke and we lost most if not all of our base. I suggest the dear readers of this website to try other resorts in your powder seeking adventures. Good luck and again there is no snow on Burke mountain.

Last edited:

psyflyer

Jay is already anticipating wind holds for some lifts...

thetrailboss

Staff member
Roger Hill has just said that we can expect anywhere from 2-5" on top of what we have now.

TRWstock

about 18"+ here near the base of Mt. Ellen at 1,500ft... best news.. no wind here. Potentially blocked by the ridge at my condo location, but trees here aren't moving at all... let's hope that stays and the lifts start spinning! :)

nelsapbm

Must be lower level winds then 'cause it is howling at my house...about 15 miles "as the crow flies" west of MRG in the Champlain Valley.

2sons

The bush is reporting 13-19" as ornow and it is still coming down...plus they are saying all lifts should be spinning this and wind holds! They say 2 feet by tonight! Good day to be at the bush!![/QUOT
I was curious to see snowfall totals for the "bush" and typed in sugabush.com_-boy what a difference the letter r makes!
Grounded til the weekend, I hope there's snow left for me.