• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mar 5/6

SKIQUATTRO

if that was the scenario then the winds wouldnt start to show till sometime on sunday.....right?

o3jeff

FWIW, my local TV meterologist that I watch in the Hartford area (and who usually has a decent handle on his forcasts) this morning was saying the exact thing that Winn just mentioned. Where it seems as if the storm entrance may be slowing, thus Saturday could end up be mainly cloudy and dry, with increasing winds, and then the 1st have of Sunday may also turn out dry. The greatest chance of precip is starting to look like it will be late Sunday into Monday. If that scenario does pan out, this could be a decent weekend, precip free for the vast majority of the weekend skiing hours and comfortable temps, and the biggest worry might end up being if the winds will effect the lifts??

We'll see, since as always were dealing with trying to figure out something that is 72 or so hours out and 3000+ miles away right now, so there's only about 1,000,001 variables involved! :lol:

It doesn't sound like you watch Scot Haney...

WinnChill

So Winn maybe I ski magic on saturday and then ski in North Vt on sun and monday

That very well may be a good plan Scotty. Magic may hold out for Sat--then a transition day for NVT Sunday (mix to snow...if they mix at all), then finishing out with snow for N VT Mon.....something like that.

SKIQUATTRO

wondering if a day trip to Mohawk in CT or Jiminy Saturday and save Bromley till next weekend (long range looks nice for that weekend)

drjeff

It doesn't sound like you watch Scot Haney...

Umm that would be a negative! He's entertaining for sure, but when I'm watching the weather, I'll take experience over entertainment anyday ;) Now when it comes to traffic reporters, I could watch Olessa there at Channel 3 anyday ;) :lol:

ScottySkis

Awesome thanks again Winn I know how our new england weather always changes as of now I go with skiing in southern VT on sat and go north for sunday and monday

SKIQUATTRO

still so many flip flopping forecasts for sat/sun...when will it be nailed down a bit tighter?

SKIQUATTRO

think we'll drive up Fri nite, ski bromley sat and head home....sat looking ok as of now....

ScottySkis

So Winn you think I should cancel my hotel reservation in north VT on sat and sun,and just ski sat in southern VT,I don't mind wet snow and light rain,but I don't want to waste money to ski ice

WinnChill

think we'll drive up Fri nite, ski bromley sat and head home....sat looking ok as of now....

Actually, winds may be a problem for the afternoon state wide...still looking pretty strong with PM wind holds a possibility. Bromley's trail map isn't loading up for me but even with S-SE facing slopes, the summit winds may pose a problem.

WinnChill

So Winn you think I should cancel my hotel reservation in north VT on sat and sun,and just ski sat in southern VT,I don't mind wet snow and light rain,but I don't want to waste money to ski ice

It may not be an issue of precip but winds--looking kinda strong for the summits. But FWIW, NVT could hang onto snow showers then mix to some icy/rainy showers in the PM---but that's when winds kick in.