• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

FS: Volkl Auras 156cm

persee

156cm Volkl Auras. 130-94-113, radius 16.9 meters. An extremely popular women's ski. Everyone loves them. I loved these skis... until I realized I wanted longer ones. You do not need to be an expert to ski these, but if you are an expert they're still fun. These skis can do just about everything well - groomers, bumps, trees, crud, powder. About their only weakness is true eastern ice, and even this they can handle, although it won't be as much fun. The skis have been drilled once for the currently mounted Rossignol Axial 2 120 Ti bindings (DIN range 4-12). The shop where I had them mounted was extra careful to ensure no dimpling of the bases when they were mounted (unfortunately the Aura is a thinner ski, so this often happens inadvertently). The bases are in good shape - never any repair work needed. They've just had wax and edge sharpening as needed. The top sheets have a couple of dings, nothing major. I'd keep em if they were 163s, but alas they're not. See the photos below for details.

Skis are in the Boston area, but could arrange transport to Western MA or NH. Asking $350 OBO.

The topsheets :
aura_top.jpg

the upper portion of the bases :
aura_base_upper.jpg

the lower portion of the bases :
aura_base_lower.jpg