• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Looking: Powder Skis

NYDrew

I'm looking for some dedicated powder skis after this latest dumping and I'm hoping for some suggestions.

I skipped out of work early on Monday (I work nights...so that is 730AM) to hit first tracks at smuggs. It was more like first sinking on my z9's. So thinking fast I ran to the proshop and rented a pair of Dynastar Pro Riders which were 115 underfoot and totally, totally awesome, although just a tad long for my taste.

While everyone was getting their butts kicked by the pow, I was floating fresh tracks every run for 2 days in the woods on these bad boys.

I'd like to get a pair of my own but I don't need/want new. They sucked on anything but fresh and deep so I know they won't get much use and when they do it will get a beating in the trees. To put it another way, they were less effort to ski between two trees with death branches blocking my path then is was to carve on fresh MG.

Anyone know of a similar ski, all model years welcome, I just need words to type into ebay/craigslist.

persee

If you'd consider Volkl Mantras I happen to know of a pair in awesome condition with bindings that are still for sale... :p