Azone on iPad

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Azone on iPad

Azone on iPad

Layout is totally different when viewing, and I get a blank screen when I try to login -- Kzone and other similar forums all look the same on iPad as on Windows. Anybody know what's up with this?

Stop the brutal grooming...

Probably putting you on the mobile site.
    Whatever hits the fan will not be distributed evenly.

Azone put you into the mobile site and there is no way around it with Safari. Download atomic web app and set it to mimic ie.

Quote Originally Posted by wa-loaf View Post
    Probably putting you on the mobile site.
    Indeed:

http://forums.alpinezone.com/showthread.php?t=86172
    Brian

Is there a way for the Admin's to change that? The same issue popped up over on mtsnow.com. The tech guy was able to change a setting on his end for the iPad....but still sent the iPhones to the mobile site.

If not...maybe have an option to select mobile or regular form view?

Old news on the Atomic. Atomic still has the problem with flash, but Skyfire does handle some flash though. I switched. Trying help only.
    Last edited by Puck it; Apr 14, 2011 at 8:07 AM.
    Live, Ski or Die Trying!!!
    "Life is not measured by the numbers of breaths we take, but by the ski runs that take our breath away."

SKI THE EAST!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Is there a way for the Admin's to change that? The same issue popped up over on mtsnow.com. The tech guy was able to change a setting on his end for the iPad....but still sent the iPhones to the mobile site.

If not...maybe have an option to select mobile or regular form view?
    I think it should be rather simple. There's CCS "stuff" that detects browser type and then renders the page accordingly.

There is a mobile version of the site, and the problem is that iPad's default browser identifies itself as a mobile browser, so that's what we display.

FYI, you can use Tapatalk on the iPad. I thin it's like $3 but I use it regularly, it works really well. A must if you use forums at all, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    There is a mobile version of the site, and the problem is that iPad's default browser identifies itself as a mobile browser, so that's what we display.

FYI, you can use Tapatalk on the iPad. I thin it's like $3 but I use it regularly, it works really well. A must if you use forums at all, IMO.
    I was using Atomic but vimeo does load in it, but YouTube does. Does that allow vimeo to load? Skyfire allows vimeo to load. I think it is about $4. Take a look at it. I handles FB but I do not use FB.
    Live, Ski or Die Trying!!!
    "Life is not measured by the numbers of breaths we take, but by the ski runs that take our breath away."

SKI THE EAST!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Puck it View Post
    I was using Atomic but vimeo does load in it, but YouTube does. Does that allow vimeo to load? Skyfire allows vimeo to load. I think it is about $4. Take a look at it. I handles FB but I do not use FB.
    I don't have an iPad (yet) just trying to suggest to those of you who do

Thread Information