• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What are your outdoor sports?

BStar

Skiing, love bike rides and tennis, and now that we have a toddler on our hands we're reaching the stage where we can do all of these things as a family, which is exciting! :D

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
Life does'nt leave me as much time as it used to for my hobbies but I like to Ski And Soar ( fly Gliders )
I have around 800hrs , had many cool experiences and a few scares . The sky is like a giant lava lite landscape, air movement can lift a Sailplane over 1000'ft pre minute up in rising air currents , also air flow over mountain ranges can set up a standing wave that can be "surfed " tens of thousands of feet upward.When you see a lenticular cloud ,like the one over Wildcat on Saturday.
That indicates the presence of a Wave.
Spring is best for my highest altitudes over the years , cool air warn sunshine .Fall when Hawks migrate is cool , as your circling in a thermal they spot you and fly over and join in , sometimes you may see dozens all around.We have a Bald Eagle living not too far from the airport ,Flew in a thermal 30' away and gained 3000'ft with him.

Not my vid but this is what Wildcat looks like from above riding Wave
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03F8XanlslU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xAl6apxKx4

2014 World Gliding Contest Finland 3D Flight traces . Not much of a spectator sport but this gives an idea of whats involved.

richardsen

Mostly kayaking, mountain/road biking and skiing. Other casual sports that I play occasionally are tennis and basketball. This year I'm planning to add rock climbing and surfing to my list.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com

Welp since moving south I'm about to pick up paddelboarding and more biking. I still love running too, and swimming. I'm also tempted to get into scuba diving. and i bought a new paraglider last year but am still waiting on getting a motor for it, hopefully soon. maybe tax return season.

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
Welp since moving south I'm about to pick up paddelboarding and more biking. I still love running too, and swimming. I'm also tempted to get into scuba diving. and i bought a new paraglider last year but am still waiting on getting a motor for it, hopefully soon. maybe tax return season.

SophieWaggner83

Website
edocbd.com
definitely skiing - incredible emotions, drive and cool scenery. I just adore it.
But I also like to skate, somewhere in the cities or on local lakes. It's a completely different emotion, but I also really like it

Snowfall_Zonie

Hiking, Tubing, Road Biking. I want to try paddleboarding and kayaking. It looks like lots of fun!

dblskifanatic

Winter is very focused - skiing and some hiking.

Summer I have ADD and cannot focus on one thing so - Hiking, Mountain Biking, Tennis, Paddle Boarding, Kayaking, golfing, half boarding (AKA boggie boarding) and lastly cornhole with beer drinking. Bold is more common others are more occasional

jimk

In the 1960s I started golfing at age ten and alpine skiing at age 13. I still enjoy both of these life long outdoor sports very much.

I've dabbled in many sports, but the other big ones for me:
In my youth - fairly serious distance running (6 miles: 30 minutes flat, 2 miles: 9:15)
20s to early middle age: organized leagues in softball and volleyball
middle age to old age: bicycling, swimming, hiking, XC skiing, snowshoeing, all rather casually

bike turkeys zion 2021.jpg

cv golf 2017.jpg