• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What to do?

MR. evil

Did you get a hardtail yet too?

speaking of HT's....OBD over ob BikeRag is selling a couple of uber sweet steel HT frames. An Evil Soverign (older one with the sweet Reynolds tubing) and an EWR.

bvibert

Staff member
Yeah, get a HT. You don't need to fix your car, right? You can just ride your bikes to work and Sundown. ;)

Not to get HT, to finish building the Pitch...

But you're right, I'll probably forgo fixing my car to have a bike to ride... which will be interesting when I need to take it through emissions in a couple months... :lol:

MR. evil

I saw them listed on crankfire too.

Interesting story about those two frames: I was working on a deal to buy the Evil from its previous owner, but ODB snuck it out from under me days before I was going to get it. Not his fault, the previous owner kind of screwed me. About a week later I learned that my buddy Jamie (trials guy / RightCoaster here on AZ) found a smaller EWR and was selling his current one that was too big for him. So I told Jamie that I wanted it, and I was informed that someone else had first right of refusal on the thing. But Jamie was convinced the guy wasn't going to take it. Sure enough the guy took it...........and it was ODB (Darryl) AGAIN!!!!!!! Dude snaked two frames right out from under me in a week.

So the fall goes by and neither one of those frames are built up, and I am trying to get ODB to sell me one of them.....no dice.....I keep trying for the fall and early winter....no dice. So I give up and buy my current HT frame. About a week or two after its 100% complete ODB decides to sell BOTH of those frames....WTF :). We had a good laugh over this via email.

To his credit, ODB is the one who recommended the Cotic to me....and its pretty sweet.

MR. evil

Not to get HT, to finish building the Pitch...

But you're right, I'll probably forgo fixing my car to have a bike to ride... which will be interesting when I need to take it through emissions in a couple months... :lol:

that will give you a reason to get a road bike.....so you can ride to work :)

WoodCore

Nice!!! Time to get busy building that thing up!

Is that the RP23 shock?

bvibert

Staff member
Yes, can't wait to get it built up! It's a RP2 shock, which should be better than the Xfusion shock I was expecting to get.

Greg

Staff member
Yes, can't wait to get it built up! It's a RP2 shock, which should be better than the Xfusion shock I was expecting to get.

Awesome. It's kinda weird how when other people get new bikes it somehow makes me psyched to get riding with them just to check it out...

bvibert

Staff member
Awesome. It's kinda weird how when other people get new bikes it somehow makes me psyched to get riding with them just to check it out...

So, you're saying that you're gonna dust off your bike and ride this year?

Greg

Staff member
So, you're saying that you're gonna dust off your bike and ride this year?

The plan. Would like to resume the early Sunday mornings and a RAW a week at least.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Here's an oldy from going for a bike ride with my dogs probably 2 years ago or so

IMG_0071.JPG