• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What to do?

bvibert

Staff member
I changed the travel on my fork from 100mm to 130mm last night, changed the oil, and sort of installed it. I ran out of spacers so I couldn't properly adjust the headset. Of course I found some more when I was cleaning up at the end of the night.. :roll: I probably should have rebuilt the fork while I had it apart, but I never got around to finding and ordering the rebuild kit so it will have to go without for now.

I threw some wheels on it just so I could admire the bike, and or course sit on it. :lol: I need to get a bunch of parts on order so I can finish building it up when I get back from my business trip next Friday! One thing that I totally didn't even anticipate was having to get a longer brake hose for the rear brake. The routing on the bike is pretty long, neither of the two rear brakes that I have are even close to being long enough...

bvibert

Staff member
We're all in a pool with picks as to when it will be done.

My bikes are never 'done', they're either in a working state or not... ;)

Actually my 2 Rockhoppers and my Iron Horse are all 'done'...

bvibert

Staff member
Got the cranks and front derailleur mounted, the chain installed, and the longer rear brake hose fitted. Still need to bleed the rear brake, and possibly change/bleed the front hose. Then there's the pesky matter of getting a working rear wheel...

MR. evil

Got the cranks and front derailleur mounted, the chain installed, and the longer rear brake hose fitted. Still need to bleed the rear brake, and possibly change/bleed the front hose. Then there's the pesky matter of getting a working rear wheel...

what.....no progress pics

o3jeff

Looks like you might have some time this week with a couple rainy days coming, hopefully we'll see it out on the trails this weekend.

bvibert

Staff member
Just a few blurry cell phone pics...

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Parts from all three of my previously destroyed frames have made their way onto this one.

Greg

Staff member
Congrats Brian. It's looking good.

bvibert

Staff member
He's and animal on a bike, just don't let him borrow yours!

Something like that! :lol:

See this post for the first one and this post for the second. The third frame developed a hairline crack just above the BB (similar to the second frames crack). They just sort of happened. I'm not an overly aggressive rider (IMHO, no big drops or anything), but I'm also not all that smooth, and I think my weight plays a role in the frames demise... ;)

bvibert

Staff member
Took the new bike for it's first pedal around my driveway for a couple of laps tonight! It wasn't much of a ride since it was dark and I didn't have any rear brake, so I was taking it easy. Just need to bleed the brakes and make a few more adjustments and I should be good to go! The rear wheel is kind of a hack job until I pick out a new one, but it should last for a little while at least.