• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Is there a way to find the Wholesale prices of skis?

BenedictGomez

So I'm in the market for a new pair of sticks (leaning toward either the Line Prophet 90 or the Dynastar Sultan 94), and I'm doing my homework in preparation of the end of season sales.

What I'm finding right now is a major discrepancy in pricing between retailers, as some have already began discounting the 2010/11 models, whereas others have not.

So I'm wondering if there is a source or online link to tell me approximately what the retailer's cost is on various models of skis? This would be greatly helpful to know, as I'm sure some would be happy to accept a small profit to move the skis now, rather than have them collect dust and have to further discount when the 2011/12s come out. Is there a way to find this info out?

Hawkshot99

I have never seen them listed anywhere online. There are many factors though on what it is. The more a dealer carries from a particular company the less they pay for the stuff.

wa-loaf

Make them an offer you think is fair. If it works for them they might go for it. But unlike 2-3 years ago it seems like people aren't carrying large inventories like they used to and deals are harder to come by. Especially with popular models.