• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sunday conditions at Wachusett?

RISkier

My wife and a friend were planning to drive to Wachusett on Sunday. Unfortunately, I can't go. Looks like they got hit bad with rain. What kind of conditions might they find on Sunday? How about a little further North? Looking at their websites, it appears Sunapee, Gunstock, Ragged probably got more snow. Thanks in advance.

ChileMass

Sorry to slag WaWa, but the conditions every weekend are mostly to partly icy with a 100% chance of huge crowds and long lines......much better during the week..........harrumph!!.....

teachski

Website
teachski.com
ChileMass said:
Sorry to slag WaWa, but the conditions every weekend are mostly to partly icy with a 100% chance of huge crowds and long lines......much better during the week..........harrumph!!.....

We didn't get hit that bad by rain in this area. We had 4-5 inches of snow first. I am sure that they will have it groomed out and ready to ski.

I must agree about the crowds though. Sometimes that place is ridiculous. I've had more than a 15 minute wait in line even with 2 HSQ's then the slopes are also crowded on Thursday nights and I know that weekends are more crowded. A typical Thursday line consists of 6 feeder lines each about 20 deep if not more. I've heard weekends have 8 feeder lines about 30 deep. I generally fo through the singles line and it still takes that long.

O

oldhippie

WAWA

I'm heading up today to do a bit of "playing hooky" skiing.

shhhh....

don't tell!

I'll report back soon. I got a new digicam to replace the one my daughter disappeared with.