• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski Sundown - 3.19.11 - MogulProShop.com Bump Competition

Greg

Staff member
i got there @ 11:15 today and skied the right line 3 times. moved to the left for a few before the comp. i did my qualifying run down the right side (and i was one of the last to go) and it was nothing like it had been earlier in the day :-o

Agreed! My qualifier I kinda held it together up top. By the time I faced off, and I was bucked around like a rag doll. Left line was way faster, but the bottom left air was tough for a hack like me. You had to fly into it to make the tranny. I skied it once and cased the nuckle hard.

very humbling experience to see the level of talent skiing there today.

No kidding. Normally I would say, I've got some work to do. But the reality is I don't even think there's enough time in my life to come close to approaching that level of skiing.

Madroch

i got there @ 11:15 today and skied the right line 3 times. moved to the left for a few before the comp. i did my qualifying run down the right side (and i was one of the last to go) and it was nothing like it had been earlier in the day :-o

very humbling experience to see the level of talent skiing there today.

I was worried arriving as when I left Tuesday they were still pretty lame after three days of skiing them in...after my first warm up run I thought the crew Thurs/Fri had done a real nice job skiing them in, but the lines weren't so deep that I was struggling...by the time I went as the last qualifier...they were quite deep. Felt like I was in slow motion out there.

My final thought, I should have used my GS skis that I had in the car... stiff and wider would have been the call for all the mush in the troughs today. Still would have been out of my league, but maybe not so timid...

Thanks to trooper Greg for his workmanlike effort all week and his general bump ambassadorship.

Greg

Staff member

16 minutes so watch it at your own risk. i wasnt gonna put music in but all you can hear otherwise is wind ripping through the mic. so suck it if you dont like my choices.....

6:55 - 7:35:

What. The. Fuck? That's a whole 'nother universe of skiing.

Greg

Staff member
The Hammer's quarterfinal, the mens 18+ semis and finals:

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Excellent group on the mountain for the comp! The sun playing hide and seek in the clouds made for some tricky lighting conditions and I got frustrated--only photographed qualifying. I have a lot of pictures to go through, but not tonight.

Not only was there phenomenal talent, but many very humble competitors.

Thanks again, madriverjack, for the jacket loan--and everything else! Fun hanging with you!

Grassi, that was so great that you got your little guy on the hill! What a cutie!

Greg, it looked like the girls were having fun--especially when they were tumbling down the snow mound. :) I bet your littlest will be competing in no time! ;)

Thanks to mogulqueen and Bart for their hospitality Fri night!

Can't wait to see the video SkiDork comes up with! Both his kids did great in the comp!

It was fun hanging out at the bottom with the sparse crew--thanks, o3jeff!

Brian should have some picture to add to the thread, too, but he's passed out right now. Late night.

Greg

Staff member
Greg, it looked like the girls were having fun--especially when they were tumbling down the snow mound. :) I bet your littlest will be competing in no time! ;)

Johnnypoach and my kids:

mondeo

btw, who won, i had to bail and pick up my kids at a birthday party.

18 year old kid named PJ, one of the K guys. Second was Waddams (?), think he's had only 1 WC appearance. 3Rd was Bobby, 4th Clifford. Bobby threw a Lincoln loop and backflip in the consolation dual but it was decided by the judges that they were corked.

Fun day. 180 is f'n fast, I pushed as hard as I could and he still blew my doors off. Still, happy to qualify right behind Frank. Tough field.

Greg

Staff member
Fun day. 180 is f'n fast, I pushed as hard as I could and he still blew my doors off. Still, happy to qualify right behind Frank. Tough field.

Mike, you're well on your way. Nice 3's and combos today. And your overall mogul skiing is excellent. Even keeping up on the same part of the course with someone like Alan is an accomplishment. Nice work. And with time on your side, you're going to be scary soon...
:beer:

And now everyone get out of the room before his head explodes... ;)

powbmps

Lots of great skiing in there! Looks like it was a good time.

skidmarks

Mogul Pro Shop Bump Competition Pictures

I call this one "Greg in Space"

MogulProShop_116_.jpg

I had a great time yesterday hanging out with everyone. I think it took big ones to go off those jumps/kickers.

Check out all the Pictures!

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?a...d=10150125617594111&id=84879494110&aid=295887
MogulProShop_173_.jpg

MogulProShop_274_.jpg

Last edited:

jarrodski

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
Website
www.skisundown.com
Female under 18 - 1st Juliet Clarkson, 2nd Alexandra Lanka, 3rd Alana Ricci
Male under 18 - 1st John Lawka, 2nd Spencer Belsky, 3rd Spencer Martin
Female over 18 - 1st Alta Curtis, 2nd Elizabeth Smith, 3rd Maxine Frendel
Make over 18 - 1st PJ Ricci, 2nd Tyler Wadams 3rd Bobby Zeola

Suburban Sports / mogulproshop.com Thanks for the prizes and the CASH.

We had a great time and can't wait for the next one.

Greg

Staff member
Here are the AZ qualifiers I got:

Sorry about the wind noise. It was ripping at the top.

bvibert

Staff member
My final thought, I should have used my GS skis that I had in the car... stiff and wider would have been the call for all the mush in the troughs today. Still would have been out of my league, but maybe not so timid...

I ended up using my Watea 94s in the comp. I had tried my bump skis for a few runs the day before, but felt more comfortable on the Wateas. I knew I had no shot of being competitive anyway so I went with what felt good.

2knees

i almost bit it about 5 times on that run. i cant believe they let me qualify.....

gmcunni

i know the talent level was at an all time high but i was shocked yesterday to hear madriverjack didn't qualify. Looking at his run here i think he skied great and landed a combo off the bottom jump. He was robbed.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
i know the talent level was at an all time high but i was shocked yesterday to hear madriverjack didn't qualify. Looking at his run here i think he skied great and landed a combo off the bottom jump. He was robbed.

Agreed, but he seemed happy about it.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
BTW, looks like I have something like 700 pictures to go through. Just left it on burst a lot so I could pick the best from an action sequence. Uploading them now.