• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski Sundown - 3.19.11 - MogulProShop.com Bump Competition

mondeo

Long wait times... we've already sacrificed our token red-hed park guy to the mogul gods and we're going to computerize the brackets for next time.
If you want, I can make up a spreadsheet that will automate the bracket creation. Just put the scores in and you have an instant bracket.

SkiDork

actually Winfree is available for download from easternfreestyle.org

Its what they use at USSA events.

bvibert

Staff member
we've already sacrificed our token red-hed park guy to the mogul gods and we're going to computerize the brackets for next time. basically, i printed a form that was useless and had to make a new one on the fly. my mistake that Frank caught... i owe that dude beers.

I made an Excel spreadsheet to assist in the seeding and bracket process if you're interested....

Madroch

You two better enter next year! If you have no business being there then what the hell am I doing there? I'm pretty sure there'll be t-shirts next year, it was an oversight this time around...

Both of you had good solid runs, and Greg, you qualified. Apparently the judges thought you had business being there (or they just wanted to see you get smoked in a duel ;) ). I was nervous as hell, but still had a good time. I just keep shooting for doing a little better each year and I'm happy. My goal was to get down the course and hit both airs somewhat cleanly, and I accomplished that so I'm happy. Last year I wouldn't even go near the lower kicker and barely pulled off the smaller upper kicker...

I'd be happy with a 'hacks' division with no prize other than bragging rights, maybe a bronzed turd with the winners name on it or something. ;)

Im all in for the hacker's turd.

Madroch

just call it the alpinezone division. cause thats who would be filling it up.

and the hell with a bronzed turd, we need the golden dumper trophy. we can engrave each years winner into the side of the "throne". instead of drinking from the cup like the bmmc, the winner can flush the toilet...

Should have read further...I'm a lock for the over 40 throne..Brian may eek me out for the under 40 throne...

Madroch

Only heard negative feedback from one competitor..who I won't name as I will chalk it up to the ignorance of youth..he noted on my first ride up something to the effect of what a waste it was to have some of the best bump skiers in the east on the worst course he had ever seen... he could back up the skiing comment though, he totally ripped....

Once he spotted my pass... he looked a little sheepish. All the other comments I heard were positive.

Abubob

Website
tee.pub
Sick looking course. Was it really that flat in the middle? Can't wait to see some video.

Totally missed there's 15 pages of responses. HA! But great vids and pics. Looked like a LOT of fun.

Who would of thought there'd ever be a comp like this in CT. Totally awesome.

Last edited:

frankm938

awesome day, everybody had a blast except joe and amanda who didnt like that the killington 4 was there. the rest of us loved seeing those kids ski and hope the event continues to grow and more and more talent comes each year.
as stated by others... i hope tyler wasnt offended by the booing, it was directed at the judges and not him. bobby had a lot of friends and family at the event that wanted to see him win
it was nice to finally meet skidork at the event (even though we both ski killington) and i look forward to seeing the video he took
and yes, i was the one that figured out that the brackets wouldnt work. you would think that mondeo wouldve been the one to figure it out with all of his skiing calculations he is always doing.

bvibert

Staff member
and yes, i was the one that figured out that the brackets wouldnt work. you would think that mondeo wouldve been the one to figure it out with all of his skiing calculations he is always doing.

Good call on that one! It didn't sound right to me, but I thought maybe the beer was clouding my judgment, so I left it to the "experts"... ;)

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
awesome day, everybody had a blast except joe and amanda who didnt like that the killington 4 was there. the rest of us loved seeing those kids ski and hope the event continues to grow and more and more talent comes each year.
I didn't hear what happened during the event, but from talking to them later, they placed it as a liability concern and that if pros were going to be in the comp, perhaps they should have had their own bracket. Regardless, they had a lot of positives to say so perhaps several hours between the comp and when we saw them tempered their opinions? Their concerns seemed somewhat valid but they didn't seem all that upset in the end.

Then again, anyone complaining was breaking Jarrod's rule #1--we were all there to have fun. End of story! :uzi: ;)

frankm938

I didn't hear what happened during the event, but from talking to them later, they placed it as a liability concern and that if pros were going to be in the comp, perhaps they should have had their own bracket. Regardless, they had a lot of positives to say so perhaps several hours between the comp and when we saw them tempered their opinions? Their concerns seemed somewhat valid but they didn't seem all that upset in the end.

Then again, anyone complaining was breaking Jarrod's rule #1--we were all there to have fun. End of story! :uzi: ;)

i know joe and amanda from killington and they are usually pretty laid back, but i just heard from people all day that they were unhappy with the mtn allowing the kms kids to compete.
right now sundown is just trying to get as many people there as possible (and they are doing a great job of it). maybe someday it will be big enough to have multiple brackets, but until then, the contest is great the way it is. besides, there is barely enough women to fill out the duels, so turning people away would be crazy

gmcunni

another sequence from Jake's camera - Mike's 3

IGP0509.jpg

IGP0510.jpg

IGP0511.jpg

IGP0512.jpg

SkiDork

but but but.. just look who won the mens. KMS was beaten out by amateur. In Duals, anything can happen.

PS - video is cooking right now