• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski Sundown - 3.19.11 - MogulProShop.com Bump Competition

SkiDork

video upload had a cooking failure on sportsnetamerica site. Got an e-mail from the admin confirming that. Have to wait till I get home to re-upload.

2knees

video upload had a cooking failure on sportsnetamerica site. Got an e-mail from the admin confirming that. Have to wait till I get home to re-upload.

bummer. but that must be one big ass file to upload.

Greg

Staff member
Video is ready.

Sorry for the low res. Index is up front but might be hard to see. I will try to split this in 2 so I can bump up the res.

http://www.sportsnetamerica.com/node/179936

Thank you so much for doing this. The best part is being able to hear Jarrod's commentary:

"Blasko with a custom move."

"I think his poles are doing twice the speed of his feet."

"Jason's got him on speed. But Greg is making that look so difficult, maybe the judges will be impressed."

"Very big air out of Greg. At least a foot."

:lol:

I was happy to see that I was at least solidly into the bottom bumps before moguler6 finished. :lol: And I was holding my own for the first few turns until those bobbles and then the whole run went to shit. :lol: I guess I have to be satisfied with that performance against the 6 seed. Same bumps on the blue line got mondeo it looked like.

Greg

Staff member
Jarrod on bvibert: "Normally we judge on speed, but movement will have to do in the case of Brian." :lol:

Greg

Staff member
Did any CLITS make it past the first round? Twiggy? What about the poser tha goes to BC in the summer?

Hey douchebag - go here: http://www.sportsnetamerica.com/node/179936

1:12:17 - 2knees (32 seed) vs. the 1 seed (and eventual 2nd place finisher). Pretty damn impressive showing if you ask me.
45:02 - mondeo qualifier.

I would bet either would smoke you.

2knees

not sure but I think he might have gotten eliminated in the next round... If we knew his number we could look at the .pdf

Think he got beat by Bobby in the round of 8.

He lost to the winner (PJ?) in the round of 8. I just checked the brackets. Bart knew him. Apparently he used to be one of the better bump skiers in the east but he trashed his knees and moved away from bump skiing. I was talking to him before our duel and he actually has a pass at sundown. Said he comes out midweek days for a few hours to get some turns in. Cool guy.

mondeo

He lost to the winner (PJ?) in the round of 8. I just checked the brackets. Bart knew him. Apparently he used to be one of the better bump skiers in the east but he trashed his knees and moved away from bump skiing. I was talking to him before our duel and he actually has a pass at sundown. Said he comes out midweek days for a few hours to get some turns in. Cool guy.
And now that I look at the brackets again, I remember his name.

Lane Meyer.

Greg

Staff member

I think he might be the guy that Chris Sullivan pointed out to me. He used to compete in the old Gunny bump comps back in the day. Didn't someone say that he turned on the last bump, skied switch into the kicker and did a 180?