• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Tele Skiing In All Of Its Glory

witch hobble

the talk of "takes decades to perfect" doesn't really echo with me...

Do not strive for perfection. It is likely un-achievable, regardless of your choice of gear. Enjoy the process, the challenge, the history.

Free your heel......fry your mind!

Cannonball

Alpine, tele, snowboarding.

All ways to get down the mountain.

I want to be the best I can at getting down the mountain. The amount of time I'd have to put in to get proficient at tele or snowboarding, I'd lose out in the end in alpine skill. I'd rather be an excellent alpine skier than a very good alpine and tele skier.

I disagree completely. Snowboarding has improved my alpine skiing, tele has improved my alpine skiing, both types of skiing have improved my snowboarding. Each makes you see and feel the mountain slightly differently. When you switch back you've gained a little bit of insight.

It's true that you'll spend some days at a lower level while you are on new gear. But in the end it translates into an overall improvement on your primary gear. It's similar to skiing drills like no poles, one ski, etc. You're hindered while doing it but it leads to improvement.

dmc

I want to be the best I can at getting down the mountain. The amount of time I'd have to put in to get proficient at tele or snowboarding, I'd lose out in the end in alpine skill. I'd rather be an excellent alpine skier than a very good alpine and tele skier.

Cool... I want to try everything and have fun - i don't really care if I'm excellent..

I'm waiting for the next thing to happen... And not a snowbike... :)

dmc

Do not strive for perfection. It is likely un-achievable, regardless of your choice of gear. Enjoy the process, the challenge, the history.

Free your heel......fry your mind!

I WISH I could go back and be scared of stuff as a noob... i love being uncomfortable trying new stuff...

I've loved watching some of the AZ guys work their way from intermediates to hardcore bumpers... It's exciting to observe...

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
I've always loved how fluid it looks but honestly I've never actually been that interested in trying it. It looks like it would be brutal on those quads, haha.

rocojerry

a rare highlight of tele in my mind, is in the off-season, you'll be walking down the street and in your mind making tele-turns on a powder day from last winter!

I've also been known to do snowboard powder-leg-wheelies when I'm in the elevator alone... and ride the train standing without hands to test the frontside backside edge balance...

enough off-season talk, it's still on!