Crotch Rash Question!!!! You have been warned!!!!

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Crotch Rash Question!!!! You have been warned!!!!

I get a really bad rash just below my testicles on the inside of both my legs either from underwear chafe of legs rubbing together who knows. This only really happens on humid days above 80%. It really sucks and takes about a mile and a half of walking to happen. Then I simply can't walk without it looking like someone toook razors to the inside of my thighs. I also get it a little bit on the inside of my ass cheaks and that is no party either. Any solutions out there? I have tried wicking underwear and clothes and although i am sure it helps it is not a permanenet solution. Help this essentially screws me out of serious summer hiking. I t has happened to me all my life but in the last few years it has just gotten out of hand. I have gained a little weight but plenty of people with weight hike....I am not that fat either maybe 30 pounds over ideal my doctor says I am fine. I am sure this is tooo much information but any solutions would be appreciated.

There is no truth only coercion.

I've had this issue....it SUCKS...I feel for you brother...I really do...the worst is when you have to get up the next day and hike again...the sweat starts to build up on all the sensitive skin...ouch..salt and chafing DO NOT MIX..

Anyway sorry to stray.....I would continue to use the wicking undergarments as I believe this is KEY...but you may also like to put some GOLD BOLD MEDICATED powder on that area LIBERALLY...dont be shy about this..it will considerably absorb the sweat thats causing the chafing....now this I have done and it seems to work GREAT..

I have heard another solution, I have not tried and it sounds WICKED messy...but here goes..
    There is that hiker guy who hiked the Pacific crest, the app trail and the continental divide trail in succession in like a record amount of days (google it)....anyway..he SWEARS by VASELINE...I dont think I have to tell you what to do with it...again..I think this would prove VERY messy, but hey like I said he swear by it..and if anyone was going to experience chafin it was going to be that guy...

M

Sounds like heat rash.

If it is, moisture is the issue...try using baby (talcum) powder.

I'm more of a casual hiker, but have experienced this while jogging. I started wearing Under Armour boxer briefs which helped a bit. What really did the trick was continuing to jog. As I lost those extra few pounds the chaffing stopped.

BEST THREAD EVER!!!!!

Around here we call what you have "Chub Rub." I agree with skidog that Gold Bond Powder, GREEN BOTTLE will prevent it. Be warned though .... there will be a party in your pants for the first 10 minutes of application.

...oh yeah and some wicking boxer briefs will help as well.
    ~Rich~

I had a similar problem when biking long distances. What helped me the most were liberal amounts of baby powder. You may also want to consider wearing biking type shorts underneath, this will help to keep everything from rubbing together.

I admit I waited for others to post 1st. I was laughing. I get it a bit from my exercise bike.
    Any kind of powder helps.
    Skiing is my addiction.

Beaudreaux's Butt Paste, or Bag Balm. Either will help avoid a shaff.
    I find that baby ppoweder or its variants) generally turns into an uncomfortable paste eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by andyzee
    You may also want to consider wearing biking type shorts underneath, this will help to keep everything from rubbing together.
    Yes...you don't want the boys bouncing around.
    ~Rich~

Quote Originally Posted by BeanoNYC
    BEST THREAD EVER!!!!!

Around here we call what you have "Chub Rub." I agree with skidog that Gold Bond Powder, GREEN BOTTLE will prevent it. Be warned though .... there will be a party in your pants for the first 10 minutes of application.

...oh yeah and some wicking boxer briefs will help as well.
    hmmm my bottles Yellow...and I will agree with the "party in the pants" after application..its the menthol..

I use it now regularly....either way GOLD BOND.....

M

Thread Information