• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sugarloaf - AZ Summit 2.0 Weekend

wa-loaf

Nah, the guy who tried to pull into the condo garage late Friday night was winning:

190354_10150134813202229_775582228_6324205_5326704_n.jpg

o3jeff

Nah, the guy who tried to pull into the condo garage late Friday night was winning:

190354_10150134813202229_775582228_6324205_5326704_n.jpg

Coming home from Magic Saturday a guy came up behind us in a Jeep with one of the basic ski racks that attaches to the existing luggage rack, the front arm/hold down was up and you can see a snow board flopping up and down so my buddy hangs out my window trying to point to it only to get dumb stares from them. They end up passing me and give us the finger as they go by. We can then seethe guy in front of them trying to tell him the same thing so they pass him too.

It appears when they passed him one of the 2 things holding it on broke allowing the skis and snow boards to flop around and bang the roof causing them to pull over.

We did slow down, blow the horn and laugh as we went by, bunch of real winners out there.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
AZ stickers would be awesome. We've had some in the past, but nothing really widespread. It would be cool to get something like that going again. T-shirts too, but I don't think they'll be helpful out on the hill unless it's a nice spring day. I have one that I bought a long time ago, but it's getting pretty ratty. I'm not even sure if they're available for purchase anymore??
Like these t-shirts?
http://www.cafepress.com/alpinezone.8592825

One of these for everyone should work:

AZhelmet.jpg
It'll go nicely with my pink ski pants. :D

gmcunni

i checked the sugarloaf web site, looks like the First Tracks program is only open to GOLD PLUS pass holder. since we got it i also guess they use it as a "gift" to groups. can the average guy get his hands on one?

thetrailboss

Staff member
i checked the sugarloaf web site, looks like the First Tracks program is only open to GOLD PLUS pass holder. since we got it i also guess they use it as a "gift" to groups. can the average guy get his hands on one?

No I don't think so. I remember last season they had to do a double-check before they let us on SuperQuad because we only had regular day tickets and they were :blink: It got straightened out of course.

jrmagic

Coming home from Magic Saturday a guy came up behind us in a Jeep with one of the basic ski racks that attaches to the existing luggage rack, the front arm/hold down was up and you can see a snow board flopping up and down so my buddy hangs out my window trying to point to it only to get dumb stares from them. They end up passing me and give us the finger as they go by. We can then seethe guy in front of them trying to tell him the same thing so they pass him too.

It appears when they passed him one of the 2 things holding it on broke allowing the skis and snow boards to flop around and bang the roof causing them to pull over.

We did slow down, blow the horn and laugh as we went by, bunch of real winners out there.

lol Nice!

snowmonster

Finally had the courage to come in here and see the pictures from the weekend. Glad that I didn't die of envy on the spot. Good on you all to make turns! Hope to be at the Loaf before all the delicious snow goes away for the season. Love that place!

bvibert

Staff member
Finally had the courage to come in here and see the pictures from the weekend. Glad that I didn't die of envy on the spot. Good on you all to make turns! Hope to be at the Loaf before all the delicious snow goes away for the season. Love that place!

I saw one of your waitress friends from last year at the apres party, she was asking where you were...

Shock

I wish the Bracket Basin tour had worked out. I guess one guy met at the bottom of Whiffletree anyway (despite it being on wind hold) and got a private tour of the mountain. My question is; who was it?

I was that guy, and it was awesome

Shock

That is awesome! Where did they take you?

We skipped the superquad line, then rode the T-bar as normal. We traversed pretty far until we hit Bracket Basin, and even then we kept hugging the extreme side of it. We crossed under something called "Hell's Gate"? I think. Tinker, the lead instructor was telling me not to hit it, apparently a lot of people backcountry to try anyways though. It was a pretty large cliff, way beyond me. Anyways, the trip was like an hour. It involved quite a bit of hiking with our skis on, and we eventually busted out into a huge clearing with sparse trees. It was pretty fresh in it actually, and I learned my way around the area a bit. It was a really fun experience, and definitely the hardest skiing I did that weekend. I caught more air between trees than I was planning to.

bvibert

Staff member
We skipped the superquad line, then rode the T-bar as normal. We traversed pretty far until we hit Bracket Basin, and even then we kept hugging the extreme side of it. We crossed under something called "Hell's Gate"? I think. Tinker, the lead instructor was telling me not to hit it, apparently a lot of people backcountry to try anyways though. It was a pretty large cliff, way beyond me. Anyways, the trip was like an hour. It involved quite a bit of hiking with our skis on, and we eventually busted out into a huge clearing with sparse trees. It was pretty fresh in it actually, and I learned my way around the area a bit. It was a really fun experience, and definitely the hardest skiing I did that weekend. I caught more air between trees than I was planning to.

Damn, sounds pretty awesome!

vinnyv11

Looks like the trip was awesome. Great pics. Definitiely some hardcore glade skiing going on there. Anybody hit any non-glade/non-bump trails to give a flavor for the other trails on the mountain

bigbog

$1099.00 gets you one gm. Great that the group got the extra time...
Great pics Greg!