• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

3 day 2 night backpacking Mount Greylock

jgsmith

So I am going to lead a 3 day 2 night hiking trip at the end of April at the trails of mount greylock. I have a rough plan on some trails to do, but am curious if anybody has some ideas on trails to do. We have one car the we would probably leave at an overnight parking. I would like it to be constant backpacking. Not hike to a base camp and do day trips. The guys I will be leading will be highschoolers and may not be in the best of shape. Total people on the trip I think will be around 7. I was looking at around 5 to 7 miles a day. Maybe less. If anybody has some suggestions that would be awesome. Thanks.

jmorrison518

I have hiked Greylock a few times, and if at all possible you should try to either have 2 cars, or possibly hide a bike (locked) in the woods at one trailhead. We have done a trip where we stayed at the Wilbur's Clearing shelter one night, hiked to the summit, and then down to the Bellows Pipe shelter for the second night. If you can spot a car at both the Pattison Rd. trailhead, as well as the Notch Rd. trailhead, you can eliminate trying to build a loop hike.

mrobey

3 day 2 night Greylock Hike

Hi: Did you end up doing the Greylock loop for 3 days/2 nights? I'm planning on doing the same
July 8-10.....and would like to know what loop you did and if you liked it.

Thanks!
Matt