• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Storm Speculation Mar 30-Apr 1st?

Angus

just check the wildcat website..."With 10" and snow still falling when the last chair loaded Friday, this "winter" storm is delivering the goods."

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Loon says they have received 4" as well.... where they got the 4" I do not know! This storm is going to be a bust. At least in this part of the region
Cannon says 6". Bull Shit. I was there today. Four inches TOPS. Still quite nice and we had a good day. But their snow reporting this year continues to reflect a longer ruler than reality. 237" season total my ass. Biggest April Fool's Day joke I have seen in quite some time!

Looks like Maine got the goods! Hopefully it won't get too warm tomorrow. Manking is definitely a concern.

MommaBear

Mount Snow got 4 to 6, maybe. Big disappointment from what we were expecting (and made the drive for). Decent day, but ended early - my legs were tired from pushing the heavier stuff around, the boys found the terrain park quality dropped by early afternoon. Terrain park was good early, not so later. North Face was decent but bumps still hard, but at least fresh snow to push around. Trees were ok, but lots of debris from past ice storm. Didn't go very deep into the Trials, what I skied was ok. PDF woods were ok. Sap Tapper - I was totally in awe of the damage they had! Incredible how many trees were broken and down. I don't ski the woods fast or hard - I meander, which was critical in there today to avoid all the debris. Groomers skied best. Snow that fell was not cement, but not the really light powder of past storms. Had more resistance to it and it covered hard packed crud. Snow softened in the early afternoon.

Not raining in West Dover. Keeps snowing (flurrying) off and on. The snow that did fall, is melting quickly at the condo. Parking lot is a mud pit.

Johnskiismore

Website
www.skine.net
Cannon says 6". Bull Shit. I was there today. Four inches TOPS. Still quite nice and we had a good day. But their snow reporting this year continues to reflect a longer ruler than reality. 237" season total my ass. Biggest April Fool's Day joke I have seen in quite some time!

Looks like Maine got the goods! Hopefully it won't get too warm tomorrow. Manking is definitely a concern.

Talked to my ski patrol friend @ Cannon an hour ago and she says 3-4"

Puck it

Talked to my ski patrol friend @ Cannon an hour ago and she says 3-4"

It was at least 6 under the Cannonball quad when I skied it at 1:30. Down was less, but not much. Weird thing was it was bare ground past Thornton , it was snow covered this morning. Then snow covered again around Concord.

BenedictGomez

Cannon says 6". Bull Shit. I was there today. Four inches TOPS. But their snow reporting this year continues to reflect a longer ruler than reality. 237" season total my ass. Biggest April Fool's Day joke I have seen in quite some time!

I cannot prove it, but I've long believed that there is a special, cruel place in Hell for fraudulent snow reporters.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
I cannot prove it, but I've long believed that there is a special, cruel place in Hell for fraudulent snow reporters.
The weird thing is that Cannon has historically had very accurate snow reporting and sometimes even under reporting. I have always held Cannon in high regard for accuracy in snow reporting. Today was the second time this season that I believe they really missed the mark. Two inches does not seem like much but that is 50-100% fluffing the number between 4 to 6-8".

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
I'm going to let it melt...

About 2-3 inches near Nashua...heavy snow, been outside trying to get it off of the trees over the driveway. Kiddos are delayed going to school. Hope the mountains got more.

Glad I didn't take out the snowblower. My driveway was perfectly fine today upon my return from work.

ScottySkis

Mount Snow got 4 to 6, maybe. Big disappointment from what we were expecting (and made the drive for). Decent day, but ended early - my legs were tired from pushing the heavier stuff around, the boys found the terrain park quality dropped by early afternoon. Terrain park was good early, not so later. North Face was decent but bumps still hard, but at least fresh snow to push around. Trees were ok, but lots of debris from past ice storm. Didn't go very deep into the Trials, what I skied was ok. PDF woods were ok. Sap Tapper - I was totally in awe of the damage they had! Incredible how many trees were broken and down. I don't ski the woods fast or hard - I meander, which was critical in there today to avoid all the debris. Groomers skied best. Snow that fell was not cement, but not the really light powder of past storms. Had more resistance to it and it covered hard packed crud. Snow softened in the early afternoon.

Not raining in West Dover. Keeps snowing (flurrying) off and on. The snow that did fall, is melting quickly at the condo. Parking lot is a mud pit.
So Momma if warms up do you think Mount Snow will be better on Sunday then it was today,i dont have money to waste on a bad day,but i like to go if its good, weather forecast is looking sunny maybe40s on sunday for Mount snow according to Snowforcast.com the best weather for ski mtns thanks to Winn

gladerider

thanks for the update momma. i was worried when i saw the green belt crossing SVT in the radar. i will be at stratton in the morning.

MommaBear

So Momma if warms up do you think Mount Snow will be better on Sunday then it was today,i dont have money to waste on a bad day,but i like to go if its good, weather forecast is looking sunny maybe40s on sunday for Mount snow according to Snowforcast.com the best weather for ski mtns thanks to Winn

Not sure Scotty. I seem to have a different take on snow/ski conditions than many on the board. I'm curious to see what Mt Snow does with what they got today and what the weather brings for Saturday. There was also talk of wind and possible wind holds. There is lots of base - saw very few bare spots; 40's and sun on Sunday would definitely soften things up.