• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Storm Speculation Mar 30-Apr 1st?

skierbum

From what I'm reading, northern places could get a decent amount of snow. About 7-9" in some places.

WinnChill, any confirmation on this storm, and is 7-9" about correct?

Looking like winter might never end... :beer:

Glenn

They were talking about the snow line being in CT somewhere. So maybe SoVT stands a good chance out of this one. Fingers crossed.

WinnChill

From what I'm reading, northern places could get a decent amount of snow. About 7-9" in some places.

WinnChill, any confirmation on this storm, and is 7-9" about correct?

Looking like winter might never end... :beer:

Forecasts are updated (after a brief break this weekend for some slopetime)--had to change things up this week--still watching week's end though!

BenedictGomez

This one is looking like a longshot, but at this time of year, I'm just happy to have a shot on goal. If this does pan out though, the timing of this could be perfect for weekend warriors headed to Northern NY or Vermont.

A storm set to make a run along the Atlantic Seaboard late in the week could bring rain, snow or just continue to play offseason jokes on meteorologists and the people at large.

AccuWeather.com meteorologists feel a significant storm will take shape along the Atlantic Seaboard with a classic birthing area possible in the northern Gulf of Mexico at midweek.

From here, the storm will either track up the Atlantic coast or be swept out to sea Thursday into Friday.

heavywetsnow.jpg

thetrailboss

Staff member
The Fairbank's Museum "Eye on the Sky" weather guys here in St Johnsbury seem to be pretty bullish on a "Significant" snowfall event. Pond skimming powder day? :snow:

Same with Roger Hill, who said a conservative 6 inches or so for valleys in the Barre/Montpelier area and much more up high.

BenedictGomez

Hopefully that narrow 6 inch plus range either expands laterally or shifts west on this one. "Up to a few inches" of snow just isnt enough to excite me.

stormage.jpg