• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

AlpineZone - New Ownership

dmc

Ah, the good ole days!

I for one think the hot super model african tribe women are better then the one's from the 70's... Probably a style thing..

whats this thread about?

dmc

Wow, white Jesus wannabe saves the Africans and brings peace and love ... nothing racist here. :roll:

you sayin' Jesus was a racist?

Actually once I get past the hot tribewomen... I can see that now..

highpeaksdrifter

Wow, I went to a meeting for an hour and a half and this thread has totally derailed ;)

Listen all, I have no insight into GSS as I wasn't here at the time, but it's very obvious he is a polarizing figure 'round here. And I can respect that. As I said earlier, for right now, I'm not touching this one with 10' pole.

I'd be happy to answer any questions you have about me, AlpineZone, etc., but I'm not going to be doing anything with the GSS situation anytime soon. I hope you all understand and can respect that for now. I'm here because I love skiing and I love the community in general, like I said in the OP. I'm excited next year to share ski adventures with all of you and continue to grow and foster AZ.

Thanks for all the kudos and well-wishes my sister and I have received so far. It really makes me excited to be here and I will bring that enthusiasm with me throughout this board.

Come on man, you didn't buy this place cause you love skiing, you see an op to make a buck. BTW there is nothing wrong with that...just keep it real...also bring the fat falla back cause he is funny in his own way.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Come on man, you didn't buy this place cause you love skiing, you see an op to make a buck. BTW there is nothing wrong with that...just keep it real...also bring the fat falla back cause he is funny in his own way.

I will fight with you to the grave on that. 8)

Of course, I wouldn't have bought the forum if it were negative in the $$ department or anything. But, I really did pick this one, among many opportunities I was looking at (some with way higher ROI, FWIW) because I have a passion for skiing (and the outdoors in general.. .paragliding, hiking, mountain biking, just sitting in my backyard by my fire pit) and nothing is better than spending time with people who share your passion.

Do you know how miserable I would be if I had bought a stamp collecting forum? Just sayin' :puke:

highpeaksdrifter

I will fight with you to the grave on that. 8)

Of course, I wouldn't have bought the forum if it were negative in the $$ department or anything. But, I really did pick this one, among many opportunities I was looking at (some with way higher ROI, FWIW) because I have a passion for skiing (and the outdoors in general.. .paragliding, hiking, mountain biking, just sitting in my backyard by my fire pit) and nothing is better than spending time with people who share your passion.

Do you know how miserable I would be if I had bought a stamp collecting forum? Just sayin' :puke:

OK..fair enough...ur looking to make a buck on something you care about...good idea,,,but you are doing it to make money. You could have just as easily posted here to share your passion and not bought it. Like I said ...nothing wrong with making money...just keep it real.

ALLSKIING

Staff member
OK..fair enough...ur looking to make a buck on something you care about...good idea,,,but you are doing it to make money. You could have just as easily posted here to share your passion and not bought it. Like I said ...nothing wrong with making money...just keep it real.
I think he kept it pretty real....Its an open forum most normal people don't care to talk about there finances on it :roll:

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com

Isn't your quote:
People often work backward from a firm conclusion to find supporting facts, rather than letting evidence inform their views.

Where's your evidence, man 8)

Yes, there is a little money in it. Enough to offset some of the cost of skiing for next winter ... which I have been dying to do more of. It supports my addiction. :wink:

The truth is I wouldn't be here if I didn't love skiing, and neither would my sister.

highpeaksdrifter

Isn't your quote:

Where's your evidence, man 8)

Yes, there is a little money in it. Enough to offset some of the cost of skiing for next winter ... which I have been dying to do more of. It supports my addiction. :wink:

The truth is I wouldn't be here if I didn't love skiing, and neither would my sister.

I'm not sure why you're taking offense. I belive in capitalism...I make money in the ski biz...not alot...but some. I'm glad you and your sister love skiing...I'm pretty sure most people who post here do. My Dad once told me to figure out what you love doing and then figure out a way to get someone to pay you to do it. Then you'll never feel like you're working a day in your life.

This forum cost money...I know what the orginal asking price was...I'm glad Greg is cashing out, he worked hard to build this place up and deserves to be compensated for it. I hope you do well too. Just don't say you're not in this to make a profit.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
I'm not sure why you're taking offense. I belive in capitalism...I make money in the ski biz...not alot...but some. I'm glad you and your sister love skiing...I'm pretty sure most people who post here do. My Dad once told me to figure out what you love doing and then figure out a way to get someone to pay you to do it. Then you'll never feel like you're working a day in your life.

This forum cost money...I know what the orginal asking price was...I'm glad Greg is cashing out, he worked hard to build this place up and deserves to be compensated for it. I hope you do well too. Just don't say you're not in this to make a profit.

No offense taken. I've committed to being as open and honest with everyone. I just don't want some misconception that I'm here purely for $$ because that's the furthest thing from the truth.

Your dad was a smart guy, my dad would'a said the same thing. Hope we can ski together sometime soon and share in the fun

:beer:

Morwax

Is there something wrong with wanting to make a profit nowadays. We cant all live the entitlement dream:roll:

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
There's a whole thread of worthy candidates.

http://forums.alpinezone.com/showthread.php?t=54001

Thanks! I'll probably dig through that and add some. That'll be my first executive decision hahaha.

I used to spend a lot of time on SlickDeals, and they had a pretty good set of emoticons. I'm so used to using so many of them that I look for them here.

Hence the addition (so far) of -- sadwalk, dontknow, and highfive

:sadwalk:
:highfive:
:dontknow: