• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

boot buckle extenders

Puck it

there is a micro adjustment on the bale and it as far out as possible. the clip side as 3 holes, already on the widest settings. looks like there could be room for a 4th hole.

P1050082.JPG
P1050083.JPG
P1050087.JPG

ideally a clip with an extra slot or two i think would solve it

I would be close for the extra hole.

powhunter

Just joking. I have the same problem. I stick with Head ski boots for this reason. Can tighten the power strap more. Or can you drill another hole to move the buckle or bale? Drill out the rivets to move it. I have t-nuts and screws if you thinkk this will work. I can mail them.

Did this on my Langes...Worked out perfect

steveo

drjeff

The super obvious answer, go see a good boot fitter - I'm sure that he/she has seen and successfully dealt with this type of problem before, and in the end it likely won't cost you much more than what you would have spent in parts and mental anguish yourself

gmcunni

The super obvious answer, go see a good boot fitter

the "solution" is so obvious in my head that i think going to a boot fitter is overkill. of course, my solution is based on the manufacturer selling extra long replacement clips (which i can't determine) that go on in less than 1 minute.

drjeff

the "solution" is so obvious in my head that i think going to a boot fitter is overkill. of course, my solution is based on the manufacturer selling extra long replacement clips (which i can't determine) that go on in less than 1 minute.

Who knows, maybe a boot fitter that's been around for a while might have some of those for you! :)

gmcunni

Did they fix themselves yet?

no, calling my somewhat local ski shop on Monday. if they don't have clips to sell me i'll go the self-fix route with Puck it's t nut/screw option.

what's the worst thing that can happen? i screw up the boots and have to pay for new ones next season.. :spin:

Hawkshot99

Duct tape.

Lady I race with cranks her buckles down extremely tight. One night for a race, she tightened it to much and snapped the buckle off the side of the boot. It was the top buckle, so a roll of duct tape was grabbed and her boot was wrapped. She actually did pretty well that night.