• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Image Upload Fatal Error

bvibert

Staff member
How large are the files? I haven't upload any pics in a while, but I was always able to do multiple pics at a time as long as there weren't too large.

from_the_NEK

Website
fineartamerica.com
How large are the files? I haven't upload any pics in a while, but I was always able to do multiple pics at a time as long as there weren't too large.

Pretty small. I got the error as usual when I tried to uplaod the three pics of the options for the proposed Burke Liftline. 192K, 210K, and 351K. Uploading 1 at a time works fine.

from_the_NEK

Website
fineartamerica.com
Here is a shot of the error:
UploadError.jpg

wa-loaf

I've never been able to upload multiple photos. Most of the time I just hotlink from facebook now.

dmc

You'd think this would've fallen out as part of the Website Inspection before Nick purchased it..

I wonder what else is wrong that Greg didn't tell him? :)

WoodCore

Does anyone else get a "Fatal Error" when trying to upload multiple images to an AlpineZone Gallery?
I have to upload 1 at a time and it is annoying.

I've been getting the same error for a while now, been reduced to uploading one at a time.

bobbutts

FYI, just send that error verbatim to the hosting company
You need someone with root access to the server to update php.ini and restart apache

bobbutts

You'd think this would've fallen out as part of the Website Inspection before Nick purchased it..

I wonder what else is wrong that Greg didn't tell him? :)

This error is exceedingly common since php comes stock with very conservative memory settings and vb allows users to perform some memory intense operations.

Nick really purchased the database and internet addresses.. A server setup with proper settings for vbulletin has no value beyond the monthly hosting fee.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
This error is exceedingly common since php comes stock with very conservative memory settings and vb allows users to perform some memory intense operations.

Nick really purchased the database and internet addresses.. A server setup with proper settings for vbulletin has no value beyond the monthly hosting fee.

Yeah I'm still reviewing this as well, it's on my to-do list juts haven't gotten to it yet.

This is small peanuts, the fact that AZ has been around for 13 years is more than enough testament IMO :lol: