• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Hunter Chair Lift Accident

dmc

the latest story is the chair did not break at the weld - the "pin"vcame out and 3 others have been found with the same issue.

I did not see the chair so I cannot offer an opinion, that is just the latest story out there, and I am sure there will be others. There always is.

Thank the Lord (again) that no one got hurt.

I'd hate to be the employee that let that leak..

Hunter is monitoring this thread for sure..

Eski

I had heard it was the pin as well ... there were a few chairs on that line that were 'creaky' when ridden, I would grope around trying to silence them along the ride up ... something I've encountered on several older lifts in Any Skitown, USA ...

dmc

ESki -- up for using your high speed quads today?

catskillman

I just went on the Hunter website - wanted to see how much snow was left to hike this weekend....

On the landing page are 2 photo's that really make me wonder.........

One is of the enterance to the 6 pack showing that the gates are not working correctly (which was the case for several weeks) and the second more disturbing is a phote of what is the old quad stantions ready to be installed, with obvious large rust spots on them

Speachless

catskillman

Still there - they must not be monitoring this site very often - off season.......

andrec10

Hyde Park, NY...Hunter on Weekends in the Winter..
I just went on the Hunter website - wanted to see how much snow was left to hike this weekend....

On the landing page are 2 photo's that really make me wonder.........

One is of the enterance to the 6 pack showing that the gates are not working correctly (which was the case for several weeks) and the second more disturbing is a phote of what is the old quad stantions ready to be installed, with obvious large rust spots on them

Speachless

Those towers are on Hunter West at the bottom.They have been there all winter. They have yet to be refinished. Guess they will do those onsite? Either that, or they are extra's and the towers are still at the factory being galvanized like the cross arms were.

catskillman

Does not matter if they are going to be galvinized, although they definitly should be, what kind of advertisment it that?? Broken gates and rusty poles - come on..........

threecy

Website
www.franklinsites.com
Does not matter if they are going to be galvinized, although they definitly should be, what kind of advertisment it that?? Broken gates and rusty poles - come on..........

I don't think many other people are seeing that in those photos...I see a closed lift and some uninstalled towers.

JimG.

Staff member
+1
i looked at the picture of the lift with the gates, them being broken didn't jump out at me.

Ugh!

You'll never see anything broken about those gates in a picture. What catskillman/huntercritic is talking about are those stupid little gates that say stop on them and that automatically open to let the next riders on the lift move forward. ONE of them was broken in the open position for the last 3 weeks of the season or so.

I don't ride the 6-pack much, but I hated those stupid gates and always rode the one that was broken when I did ride the lift the last 3 weeks of the season. Frankly, I wish they were all "broken" like that.