Running...anyone? - Page 10

AlpineZone

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    So I just started running myself... I am doing about 2 miles in 22 minutes give or take. not a runner, or a biker, but I think that is a good time...

Skiing for 2017-2018 - TBD:

Seasons Past:
    2016-2017 - 23 Visits; 2015-2016 - 17 Visits; 2014-2015 - 20 visits: 2013-2014 - 19 visits: 2012-2013 - 13 Visits;
    2011-2012 - 16 Visits; 2011-2012 - 16 Visits; 2010-2011 - 19 Visits; 2009-2010 - 16 Visits; 2008-2009 - 15 Visits

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonian View Post
    So I just started running myself... I am doing about 2 miles in 22 minutes give or take. not a runner, or a biker, but I think that is a good time...
    You're going faster than everyone who is on the couch.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonian View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by David Metsky View Post
    You're going faster than everyone who is on the couch.
    +1

When I started in the fall I felt good that I could run 1.5 miles without stopping...

Key to me is to keep getting out there, stay injury-free, and to try to improve with each run (improvement does not equal faster times IMO). For me the hardest part of each run is the first step.

Cool weather this morning was real nice for a run, almost had to wear gloves. Know it's a bit early but I'm hoping that the heat and humidity is done for the year.

Constant lurker here....

I've been trail running all this summer, 4-5 days per week. 3-5 miles per run. Slow, but speed's not my focus. Working on proprioception in preparation for ski season. Where are my feet landing relative to the hips? How far ahead is my vision, considering the technical single-track obstacles coming up (rocks, roots, loose gravel) - am I looking ahead, and can I look more ahead without taking a peak right in front of my next landing? Is backwards extension complete off that propelling leg? How about cornering - using that little toe edge of the inside foot? Leading with the inside half? What about leaping; can I target two to three landing spots ahead of time? All this is good for bump skiing, and everything else too. Not to mention getting fit and losing a few pounds.

Running a 10K race on Sunday...

Been running 4x/week for some time and I've been doing 6 mile runs once a week for about 2 months so I'm not too concerned about finishing, but I have a goal pace in mind. Hoping for cool weather.

Items for Sale
    Waffle between brisk walk and LiquidFeet's style....no timer, but it's great around on the City(Bangor) Forest trails/sm_roads....all dirt.
    One constant = getting out there before 6am.
    SteveD

I just did the Blackstone Valley Greenway Challenge, it was a good time. A relay between Worcester and Providence.

Comprised of:

4 mile run
    3 mile kayak
    16 mile road bike
    5 mile mountain bike
    2 mile kayak
    19 mile bike
    6 mile run

Our 3rd leg bike guy popped a tire and then popped the replacement so we had to skip that stage which disqualified us from the final rankings (wahh).
    Free Stickers - e-mail your address to nick@alpinezone.com.

Check AZ out on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Vimeo and Google+

Get AZ on your mobile phone!

Which leg did you do?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

I only did the first 4 mile run section. I would have loved to have done the mt bike but my bike is in very rough shape
    Free Stickers - e-mail your address to nick@alpinezone.com.

Check AZ out on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Vimeo and Google+

Get AZ on your mobile phone!

Thread Information