Running...anyone? - Page 3

AlpineZone

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Training this winter consisted of just running in whatever the weather happened to be. I did have to give up a bunch of skiing, and some of my long runs were on Sundays after a Saturday on the slopes, which wasn't always the best. This was a tough winter for training, that's for sure.

If I do more marathons they'll be in the fall. Winter is for skiing.

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
    Um...... that was quite gross, Geoff... Especially since I'm still nibbling on a bagel at my desk. Well....was nibbling now. Thanks.

[QUOTE=Warp Daddy;617229]
    Quote Originally Posted by from_the_NEK View Post
    I actually had to take a year off from any running after I got out of college. I had severe tendonitis in my hip flexor from too much hurdling. [

You do the 100 , 200 or 400 H's ?
    Just the 110 meter High Hurdles (roughly 3.5 feet high) for the decathlon.

Nice work by all of you marathoners out there. I don't have the patience to do that much long distance training to prepare for one of those. Maybe someday once my fast twitch muscles fade into oblivion

Six miles yesterday. I'm rarely running over 5 - 6 miles typically though, not like back in the marathon training days when it was 10, 12 miles. Too much time!

If I don't go biking I usually try to walk a few miles at night. If I run my knees get sore pretty quick.
    2009/2010 - 28

2009 mtb-19 rides- 113.58 miles

2008/09 - 33

I've been trying to get in 3 - 4 runs of between 3 and 7 miles each week - shorter distances if I'm on the treadmill (the only option my schedule allows sometimes, even in the summer) and longer if I'm outside on either my local track or walking/bike path.

Not sure if I'll sign up for a 1/2 marathon this fall or not. I'm not worried about the distance, and from having run 6+ of them in the past I know what I need to do training wise, but i'm just finding that when the opportunity permits itself time wise for a long run, I'd rather use that window of time for a ride on either my mountain or road bike. We'll see
    '07--08 season: 51 Days, '08-'09 season: 55 Days, '09-'10 season: 41 Days, '10-'11 season: 49 days, '11-'12 season: 40 Days '12-'13 season: 57 days, '13-'14 season, 60 days '14-'15 season 60 days, '15-'16 season 52 days, '16-'17 season: 50 days '07-'17 seasons: 515 Days

'17 - '18 Season:
    November: 12,18,19 (Mount Snow)

Quote Originally Posted by drjeff View Post
    I've been trying to get in 3 - 4 runs of between 3 and 7 miles each week - shorter distances if I'm on the treadmill (the only option my schedule allows sometimes, even in the summer) and longer if I'm outside on either my local track or walking/bike path.

Not sure if I'll sign up for a 1/2 marathon this fall or not. I'm not worried about the distance, and from having run 6+ of them in the past I know what I need to do training wise, but i'm just finding that when the opportunity permits itself time wise for a long run, I'd rather use that window of time for a ride on either my mountain or road bike. We'll see
    I try to do the same....at least 3 miles per day with weight lifting. I try to go longer but I'm just not motivated after work so I go on my lunch break (i have a whole hour....)

I was supposed to do a half marathon a couple months ago but ended up bailing last minute.. I hadn't pre registered so it was easy to turn away...

5 on the treadmill this morning. Slower thogh; 7.5mph pace, usually I do around 8. But was feeling kinda weak this morning, probably from all the beer last night

I've been toying with the idea of taking up running. Mostly because it's something I can do right from my house, without buying a lot of expensive equipment (what I really want is a road bike), but I also figure it would be good cross training. I'm not sure my knees, or the rest of me could handle it though...
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by bvibert View Post
    I've been toying with the idea of taking up running. Mostly because it's something I can do right from my house, without buying a lot of expensive equipment (what I really want is a road bike), but I also figure it would be good cross training. I'm not sure my knees, or the rest of me could handle it though...

Run the MTB trails. Great exercise and easy on the joints. Been running trails for 5 years and like it more than MTB, better exercise as well. Does a lot for my road riding endurance.

Thread Information