Running...anyone? - Page 4

AlpineZone

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    I run just because it's easy, cheap, and clears the mind. I love mountain biking but my bike is busted to shit and I can't afford another one right now; running I pretty much only need $50 Asics and I'm out the door.

Quote Originally Posted by bvibert View Post
    I've been toying with the idea of taking up running. Mostly because it's something I can do right from my house, without buying a lot of expensive equipment (what I really want is a road bike), but I also figure it would be good cross training. I'm not sure my knees, or the rest of me could handle it though...
    that is the main reason I run....because I can. and anywhere... I prefer trail running more than road running but like you said it is something you can do right from your house, no prep other than tying your sneakers

Doing another 5K in Deer Park on Sunday morning, with Iceman. I'm hoping to break 36 minutes, he's hoping to break 21 minutes.

I have lost 32 lbs since 4/15. Still have a ways to go.

Gotta get some more water....
    Wait Till Next Year!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SkiDork View Post
    Doing another 5K in Deer Park on Sunday morning, with Iceman. I'm hoping to break 36 minutes, he's hoping to break 21 minutes.

Nice work!
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by bvibert View Post
    Nice work!
    Thanks! my goal is to not avoid skiing this coming season. I was so heavy that it was painful to ski.
    Wait Till Next Year!!!

Nice work there SD!
    '07--08 season: 51 Days, '08-'09 season: 55 Days, '09-'10 season: 41 Days, '10-'11 season: 49 days, '11-'12 season: 40 Days '12-'13 season: 57 days, '13-'14 season, 60 days '14-'15 season 60 days, '15-'16 season 52 days, '16-'17 season: 50 days '07-'17 seasons: 515 Days

Killer. I've always had a hard time maintaining a good weight. 2 years ago I ran the Boston Marathon and after that my wife and I did P90X together. I went from 212 pounds down to about 178. I've crept up a bit though and right now I'm around 190.

I'd like to get back to the 175-ish range. It's tough though, I love beer & burgers

I just finished up P90X back / biceps routine, gonna do a 3 - 4 mile run right now to top it off. Partly because I know I'll be drinking again tonight

Same on the weight thing. I was 215 about a year and a half ago. I'm 190 now. I'd like to get down to 175, but as you said, Burgers and Beer like me too much.

I need to up my cardio to get to that goal. Heck, I'd be happy with 180 even.

I make it to the gym 5 days a week, but usually only 2 of those days involve cardio. I tried running a bit last summer. I do like trail running, especially with a lot of elevation changes as the downhills use similar motions and vision as skiing. Normally I just use the ellyptical and stairmaster at the gym. It's pretty boring, but not so bad if the Red Sox or another sporting match is on the TV.

Speak of the devil!

Sent from my Thunderbolt via Tapatalk
    Free Stickers - e-mail your address to nick@alpinezone.com.

Check AZ out on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Vimeo and Google+

Get AZ on your mobile phone!

Just about to pull some ribs out of the Orion cooker myself

Thread Information