Running...anyone? - Page 8

AlpineZone

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    good luck in the NYC marathon!

I've ran one marathan and probably over half a dozen halfs... i can't bring myself to do another full one. If someone close to me was interested in doing one I would join, but i don't think i could sign myself up for that again on my own, unless it was a destination marathon, that i would do.

My running has seriously tapered since the Ragnar. I'm starting to miss it again, but I woke up this morning and it was 18 degrees and like 6 inches of snow... brrrrrrrr. maybe this weekend ill try to do a longer run (those for me these days are anything over 4 miles.)

Good luck at NYC! At this point you've done all the work, enjoy the day.

I've got my eye on a 50K next May in Maine, that should be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by hammer View Post
    Started running several weeks ago, just up to about 2 miles/day when I don't have other workouts. Have seen significant improvement in my times which I'm guessing is due to the initial process of getting used to running. The town has a 5K run in a few weeks and I'll run the course on Sunday to see if I'm up for it. Short distance compared to others here but it's a start.
    Signed up for the 5K, ran the course last week and did fine. Also did a 3.6 mile run yesterday which will likely be my workout run for a while. Not too bad considering I started up with 1.5 mile runs about a month ago which I barely made without stopping. Just hoping I can keep it up when the weather gets colder...still not at the enjoyable level but I'm seeing real fitness benefits.

http://theuglysweaterrun.com/locations/denver-co/

I like participating in events like this.. puts a fun spin on the event, but I know I will still push myself.

Set a new personal record in a 5k last saturday! 17:14
    "It's so lonely when you don't even know yourself" -Anthony Kiedis

Days on the Snow:

Pre 2011:~20 per year
    2011-2012: 19
    2012-2013: 34
    2013- 2014: 25

bittersweet that NYC was cancelled but it was the right call. Still no word from NYRR on how they are going to handle our entries/fee for next year....race fee $250

updownupdownupdownupdown

I heard they're opening up the Boston Marathon for some NYC runners this year. Have you heard anything about that? If so, I think it's going to be a huge year in Boston, with some NYC-ers and some Bostoners who deferred from last years hellish heat. Might be an interesting race, though, and is always a great day in Boston.

NYRR has been tight lipped on how they are going to handle the situation.....
    updownupdownupdownupdown

Anybody running in the Sunapee Turkey Trot? That is one hellish hill at the beginning
    "It's so lonely when you don't even know yourself" -Anthony Kiedis

Days on the Snow:

Pre 2011:~20 per year
    2011-2012: 19
    2012-2013: 34
    2013- 2014: 25

Ski Stef-
    I will do the half marathon with you in May!! It is a good goal to set for myself since I am dying to get back into top shape!

Thread Information