• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Okemo - "The Holy Shit Show" 4/3/11

reefer

……”holy shit” half hour late and I’m only twenty cars into lot A
……”holy shit” no line at the ticket window
……”holy shit” table for eight to spread my gear out and get ready
……”holy shit” no lift lines all day
……”holy shit” great groomers all day
……”holy shit” nice bumps
……”holy shit” nice woods
……”holy shit” no one’s on these trails

What a “Holy Shit Show” at Okemo today!
Bluebird and 100% open!
Story of the day – hops on the lift with a 77 year old NY city transplant (since he was 55). Told me he was on his 73rd day this year and that he was trying to ski his age again – and with that wry smile said “keeps gettin’ tougher every year………………………..”
Asked if he skied every day and he replied only the quality ones, AND NEVER ON A SATURDAY!!!!!!!!

DSCN3701.JPG

DSCN37421.JPG

DSCN3723.JPG

DSCN3731.JPG

DSCN37481.JPG

DSCN3730.JPG

DSCN3702.JPG

DSCN3708.JPG

DSCN3715.JPG

DSCN3721.JPG

DSCN3745.JPG

mondeo

It's April. Little Johnny has baseball practice. Okemo's clientele is done for the season.

:flame:

Ski Diva

Website
www.skidiva.com
Okemo has been EMPTY lately, especially during the week. It's absolutely spooky. Skied this morning before the snow changed to rain, and I think there were about ten people on the whole mountain.

Greg

Staff member
Thanks for the pics, reefer. I now have a plan for Friday (sunny and 46).

reefer

Wait a minute....get the Mods....not only did Reefer say "Shit"....it's in the thread title!

Plattekll fucking rocked today. Don't you just LOVE spring skiing....they just don't get it, Mondeo .....

heck with the mods, I figure I'll burn in hell from throwing in all those holy's around anyway.......................right next to Mr. Carlin

Nice report on Plattekill. Sounds like my type of place.......................................

reefer

Thanks for the pics, reefer. I now have a plan for Friday (sunny and 46).

If that forecast holds up I may be joining you. Really had a good time there Sunday. Got a passport to burn. Isn't the most extreme stuff obviously, but a good time. Those high speed lifts get you around in a hurry............................and it's a pretty easy drive up.

Greg

Staff member
Isn't the most extreme stuff obviously, but a good time. Those high speed lifts get you around in a hurry............................and it's a pretty easy drive up.

Yes, yes, yes and yes.

2knees

Sels and the one next to it, nor easter? both looked awesome from 103. they look even better in those pics. I have a freebie for a weekday so friday sounds awfully good to me.

Greg

Staff member
Uhm. Check the forecast. Sunny and 48 on Friday. :spread:

2knees

Struck out on vouchers last night. I might be able to get some sunday but not by tomorrow.

reefer

Can't make it Fiday. Save some for me. Likely head over there Saturday or Sunday. Jackson Gore should be payed some attention.............. The two woods over there had plenty of snow and they were letting a few trails get bumped up.